HOLY COW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teralyn

So the horned worms grew super fast and too big for my beardie to eat. I threw a horned worm in with her superworms and the superworms tore this horned worm up withen ten minutes gone. Will the superworms be ok to feed my beardie now? Will they be better? Is this a bad idea? Is it true that a horned worm has the protein equivalent to a pinky mouse? Thanks in advance! :puke:

patrickb

Juvie Member
I am not sure of the protein contents of the hornworm, but I know the super worms are still safe to feed. They only consumed what your beardie would have ate anyways, assuming they didn't outgrow him. Lot's of people believe you should only feed stuff to your feeders that you would to your beardie, and in this case you did just that. :p

invictusrules

Juvie Member
Sounds like your supers were thirsty... or hungry. I've seen them turn on one of their own - ate him within minutes - all in a big, writhing ball. :shock: I give them greens more frequently, now.

Don't know about the protein equivalency of pinkies & hornworms. At a guess, I'd say pinkies have more. I do know that Invictus will jump his lazy behind off the floor to get a hornworm! He loves them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom