High humidity

Bioactive

My beardie’s tank has really high humidity I can’t get it to lower. I’ve tried as much as I know how, I’ve got a dehumidifier going and I took out any source of water that could raise the humidity. Does anyone know what else’s I could do? I just moved and the humidity is 40% to as high as 60% sometimes. For some background info she has a T5 linear UBV bulb, a ceramic heat bulb, and a basking bulb in a 120 gallon tank (zen habitat 4’ 2’ 2’) I’m just about to set it up to make it bioactive but I doubt that will help the humidity and I’m worried it may even make it worse if I have to water the plants sometimes . (It’s empty except for some plastic hides and rocks only because it’s temporary and I’m going out literally today to get the soil wood and rocks to set it up.)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie’s tank has really high humidity I can’t get it to lower. I’ve tried as much as I know how, I’ve got a dehumidifier going and I took out any source of water that could raise the humidity. Does anyone know what else’s I could do? I just moved and the humidity is 40% to as high as 60% sometimes. For some background info she has a T5 linear UBV bulb, a ceramic heat bulb, and a basking bulb in a 120 gallon tank (zen habitat 4’ 2’ 2’) I’m just about to set it up to make it bioactive but I doubt that will help the humidity and I’m worried it may even make it worse if I have to water the plants sometimes . (It’s empty except for some plastic hides and rocks only because it’s temporary and I’m going out literally today to get the soil wood and rocks to set it up.)
Optimal humidity is 40-50% -- you dont want it under 20% and over 70% -- please use a digital probe hygrometer placed in the center back wall of your tank --

Bioactive

Original Poster
Optimal humidity is 40-50% -- you dont want it under 20% and over 70% -- please use a digital probe hygrometer placed in the center back wall of your tank --
Oh I had no idea I guess I was reading outdated information, I was told optimal was 20-30. Thanks for the info I already use digital so I guess everything is alright thanks a lot :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom