High fiber diet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Hello all,

I need to know what a high fiber diet would consist of for a beardie, my boy needs to start one. Any suggestions??

Gail

BD.org Addict
Squash is high fiber, will he eat that? It can be feed as a staple. I wonder if you could sprinkle a pinch of Metamucil on his salad to help things along.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Mine has the same issue.. I was wondering if I could use a tiny bit of karo syrup for him.. or some kind of natural laxative. It's been 19 days since he's gone poo :(

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh my goodness!! Mine isn't for that problem, my boy just got outta the vet's and he needs something to boot his metabolism and move his digestive tract faster.
You should maybe post that problem in the ER section. Are you sure he isn't impacted or dehydrated?
Good luck!

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
This happens all the time.. He gets hard urates and has trouble passing them.. We put him on liquid calcium and it was going good for awhile, where he poo'd every 5 or 6 days (yes that's good for him!) but I think we are giving him too much liquid calcium now, so instead of 5x a week, we are going to try 3 x a week, but none now until he goes. The longest he has gone was 19 days, today is day 19 so I am praying he will go. I bathe him 2 - 3 times a week, he eats his greens, I have been bathing him everyday since Sunday in a warmer than normal bath, and gave him prunes Sunday and Monday.... so I am hoping he goes today **sigh**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zayart
Top Bottom