HIGH ALTITUDE LIVING

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a 2/3 year old beardie. She is in perfect health as far as we are aware and I am almost confident that her husbandry is as close to perfect as we can offer.
We are moving from Reno NV, to a small town in Colorado. The problem is that the town we are moving to has a standing elevation of 10,500ft. We have taken her up to Tahoe,ca, about 6,500ft and have seen no changes.
I have done my own research and was unable to find anything regarding this and was wondering if anyone would have any more info on how this altitude change may affect her health/behavior wise.
Thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

As far as I know, with just small changes of altitude like that I don't think that it will affect her
health at all.
Thus far, she hasn't exhibited any changes of behavior yet? How is her appetite?
I think as long as her temperatures are optimal along with good humidity levels she shouldn't
have any negative issues.

Tracie

HeliosTheBeardie

Original Poster
Her appetite is normal (she is picky , lol) , but so far we are currently on the drive there. Her husbandry will remain exactly the same I was just curious as the altitude of where we previously lived in reno capped out at about 4,500 and 10,500ft is quite a huge jump. I have been unable to find any articles or research on this elsewhere so I thought I’d see if anyone had any input :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah, that is a high jump. Well, the simple fact we have never heard any issues of high mountain Coloradians' not being able to own beardies is probably a good sign for you :)

Nothing really you can do at this point besides to try it and hope for the best. Keep us updated.

-Brandon

HeliosTheBeardie

Original Poster
Update as of 9/27/21

Going on 3 weeks and just fine! I have added a personal humidifier like the ones you can find for your car to the top of her cage to help with humidity. It runs 2-3 hrs a day a very light mist and she seems to really enjoy it as it helps with the dryness up here.. a happy lady overall!
106923-2741997168.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom