Hi I’m new

Duenas

Original Poster
I’m new and want to set up everything for when I bring a bearded home, I just need more information of what I need, I have a wooden zen habitat4x2x2, thermometer/hygrometer, reptisun 10.0 uvb t5ho, sun blaster fixture reflector size 34, I have ceramic heat emitter as well as Philips par 38 90w which I want to mount it on the inside, I have some decor, hiding space. What else do I need aside from all that and if the items I have work for the set up. Thank you :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I would get 2 digital probe thermometers, one to monitor badking and one for the cool side.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’m new and want to set up everything for when I bring a bearded home, I just need more information of what I need, I have a wooden zen habitat4x2x2, thermometer/hygrometer, reptisun 10.0 uvb t5ho, sun blaster fixture reflector size 34, I have ceramic heat emitter as well as Philips par 38 90w which I want to mount it on the inside, I have some decor, hiding space. What else do I need aside from all that and if the items I have work for the set up. Thank you :)
Welcome you have definitely done your homework and gotten good lighting- you will need these
2 digital probe thermometers - the uvb needs to go inside the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - I would recommend the basking bulb sit on top of the screen - your heat emitter on top of screen in center of the tank--

Duenas

Original Poster
I would get 2 digital probe thermometers, one to monitor badking and one for the cool side.
I inserted a picture of the ones that I bought so those are no good?

Attachments

• 54008181-3B57-424C-A830-9345D5FF9970.jpeg
    54008181-3B57-424C-A830-9345D5FF9970.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 49

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I inserted a picture of the ones that I bought so those are no good?
They can be used in the tank for ambient - but you want 2 digital probe thermometers - zoo med pet smart and Petco carry them - I also recommend a digital probe hygrometer -- zoo med sells them too- you want the probe placed on the center back wall of the tank-- optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70%

Duenas

Original Poster
Welcome you have definitely done your homework and gotten good lighting- you will need these
2 digital probe thermometers - the uvb needs to go inside the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - I would recommend the basking bulb sit on top of the screen - your heat emitter on top of screen in center of the tank--
Thank you so it’s not recommended for the baskin and the heat emmiter to be on the inside? These are the lamps I bought

Attachments

• 9411EA2D-E255-40EC-AC11-720BF0570407.jpeg
    9411EA2D-E255-40EC-AC11-720BF0570407.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 41

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you so it’s not recommended for the baskin and the heat emmiter to be on the inside? These are the lamps I bought
They can be it's up to you - it's just easier to have them on top- but you do want the uvb inside the tank-- utilize the bars running inside the tank on the screen

Duenas

Original Poster
They can be used in the tank for ambient - but you want 2 digital probe thermometers - zoo med pet smart and Petco carry them - I also recommend a digital probe hygrometer -- zoo med sells them too- you want the probe placed on the center back wall of the tank-- optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70%Thank you very much will get
They can be used in the tank for ambient - but you want 2 digital probe thermometers - zoo med pet smart and Petco carry them - I also recommend a digital probe hygrometer -- zoo med sells them too- you want the probe placed on the center back wall of the tank-- optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70%
Thank you very much will be buying the ones you recommended :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom