Hi Frienda, am a new red chilli beared dragon owner.

ChinnuChinni

Beardie name(s)
Chinnuchinni
Hello, friends hope everyone is well and good.
I recently bought a pair of bearded dragons and seller said they are red chilli dragons am not sure maybe I can get the real.morph names.
It is about a 10cms in length, Iam feeding them few veggies like lettuce and some leafy greens and also baby mealworms to them,..
I would like to please get the suggestions on what to , when to, how to feed them and care for them properly.
Please friends do provide a hand for me as iam alone in here.

And enclosure is simple with heat lamp when its inside my room rest of the timw ill kwep them outside for natural sun and they are in open top aquarium 1.5 x1ft.
I have attached my BDs pic for reference.

Attachments

• 20220702_133418.jpg
    20220702_133418.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 20220702_133046.jpg
    20220702_133046.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220702_133030.jpg
    20220702_133030.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20220702_132916.jpg
    20220702_132916.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220702_132919.jpg
    20220702_132919.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220702_133040.jpg
    20220702_133040.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220702_133140.jpg
    20220702_133140.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 70

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
They’re beautiful. Personally, I would switch from the mealworms to Roaches or nutrigrubs. I found they don’t break down well. Also, I wouldn’t do to much lettuce. Stick to the greens like kale, collards, Bak choy, Swiss chard, and parsley. If they don’t like just the greens try adding bee pollen. I can give you the link to the one I use if you want it.

ChinnuChinni

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Chinnuchinni
They’re beautiful. Personally, I would switch from the mealworms to Roaches or nutrigrubs. I found they don’t break down well. Also, I wouldn’t do to much lettuce. Stick to the greens like kale, collards, Bak choy, Swiss chard, and parsley. If they don’t like just the greens try adding bee pollen. I can give you the link to the one I use if you want it.
Yes please provide the links, thank you so much for suggestions.

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
I would also suggest housing them separately. Two females from the same clutch MIGHT be alright together, but any other combination and there will likely be problems. Males will fight and try and dominate each other, and if it is a male and female the male will constantly be trying to mate with the female once he reaches maturity. Bearded dragons in the wild are very solitary and territorial. They generally only see each other when they are looking to mate.

ChinnuChinni

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Chinnuchinni
I would also suggest housing them separately. Two females from the same clutch MIGHT be alright together, but any other combination and there will likely be problems. Males will fight and try and dominate each other, and if it is a male and female the male will constantly be trying to mate with the female once he reaches maturity. Bearded dragons in the wild are very solitary and territorial. They generally only see each other when they are looking to mate.
Down the road i have a plan for it,. Now since they are tiny piny. I have let them accompany each other to enjoy juvenile age.
My most concern now is finding a good feeders. In India its very less unlike how we get overseas.. Im looking someone might come across to help me find feeders. When this post thread extend to some length. I need all of your support for that.
Thanks in advance to all!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please DO NOT put them outside in a glass tank you will cook them alive. Glass magnifys the sun. You are creating an oven.
Also please get them a long tube uvb bulb it needs to be at least 24 inch t5 10 to 12 percent bulb. Place it 10 to q5 inches above them.
No mealworms they are hard to digest. Small cricket or dubias are best. As many as they will eat 2 to 3 times per day. Dust with calcium at 1 feeding per day and a multivitamin 2 times a week.
These are not just suggestions if you dont do this correctly from the beginning you will cripple and jill them.

Yes im trying to scare you a bit but it is that important.

Last edited:

ChinnuChinni

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Chinnuchinni
Please DO NOT put tgem outside in a glass tank you will cook them alive. Glass magnifys the sun. You are creating an oven.
Also please get them a long tube uvb bulb it needs to be at least 24 inch t5 10 to 15 percent bulb. Place it 10 to q5 inches above them.
No mealworms they are hard to digest. Small cricket or dubias are best. As many as they will eat 2 to 3 times per day. Dust with calcium at 1 feeding per day and a multivitamin 2 times a week.
These are not just suggestions if you dont do this correctly from the beginning you will cripple and jill them.

Yes im trying to scare you a bit but it is that important.
Hahaha, thanks for the warning suggestion, no i dont keep them in glass tank outside, ill shift to the bath tub for while and after bath, ill let them free run in large grilled enclosure. Only for few hours and then i put them back in tank. Also am not stressing them too much, they started to understand the routine. Yes about the mealworms I managed to buy a baby worms like really tiny baby worms, around 5 to 10 mm. And im feeding only 3 to 5 maximum daily along with greens so that while they pick worms they swallow greens too.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Thats not enough. Until they are adult you need to feed them as much protein as they will eat in 15 minutes 2 to3 times a day. Also if you house them together you are running a serious risk of the larger attacking and severely injuring the smaller. Especially if they are not getting enough to be full. They can and will bite off tails an limbs

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
This is such a common issue with so many breeders. Everyone trying to make their line special by adding random words. They are reds. Their isn't a bunch of different types of reds. You got reds, citrus, tangerine (yellow) as the base color morphs. Then you have things like hypo, leatherback, silkie, translucent, witblits, and zeros. I don't even think paradox is a true morph as it can not be reproduced by breeding 2 paradox dragons. We have reached a bottle neck in beardie morphs so now lots of breeders are throwing random words into their morphs to try and make then appear different then the rest...they arnt. The real heroes in my book are those trying to break the bottle neck not with words but by adding in barbata genetics (eastern bearded dragon)

ChinnuChinni

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Chinnuchinni
This is such a common issue with so many breeders. Everyone trying to make their line special by adding random words. They are reds. Their isn't a bunch of different types of reds. You got reds, citrus, tangerine (yellow) as the base color morphs. Then you have things like hypo, leatherback, silkie, translucent, witblits, and zeros. I don't even think paradox is a true morph as it can not be reproduced by breeding 2 paradox dragons. We have reached a bottle neck in beardie morphs so now lots of breeders are throwing random words into their morphs to try and make then appear different then the rest...they arnt. The real heroes in my book are those trying to break the bottle neck not with words but by adding in barbata genetics (eastern bearded dragon)
Did i miss any anything you mentioned about my dragon, about what type is it ?? Cuz i read fully but i dint anything related to the theared.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Paradox and Silkies. I think no one should be TRYING to breed them intentionally. Silkies especially can suffer and in the hands of someone without the know how or time it only gets worse. I am seeing videos and seen a couple articles of breeders trying to go the other way and breed hardier dragons. That does make me happy

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Paradox are purely for collectors and if you are gonna try for them i always recommend using 2 het trans over visual trans. As for silkies I'd NEVER try to breed for silkies. I'm not about seeing animals bred with serious health issues for profit. Silkies, spyder balls, even paradox dragons using a visual trans pairing. I wouldnt breed for a paradox dragon myself just because I know there is a chance of some serious awful health issues and birth defects associated with trans to trans pairing. You may get your paradox at the cost of a few tortured babies, you may get an entire clutch of suffering mutants and you may get a paradox or 2 without any health issues in the clutch but is it really worth it, not for me. I get attached and want to see only healthy babies that thrive.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Same here. I'm not for banning anything but i do wish people would put health before profit. I don't breed but i have studied it extensively and understand how those are achieved. Theres no way i would ever take a chance. I had 2 100% het zeros 1 is leatherback the other was hypo citrus (she passed in april) i wouldn't breed them even knowing i could produce zeros. The thought of placing even 1 baby in a bad home keeps me from breeding.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom