He's wasting away

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
you cant bring jupiter to the vet that diagnosed basti, seems like if a vet can say he neuro issues it would be able to run a fecal. just curious :?

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
no im not saying that at all, what im saying is if you could get basti to a vet diagnosed and put to sleep, y cant you get a simple fecal done on this lil guy, i hate to see animals put down for no reason. my only concern is for the dragon.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I never got Basti to a vet for a diagnosis, not quite sure why you think I did. I know you are trying to help but why is it so hard to understand that not everyone has access to exotic vets.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Have you tried some baby food, Gail? Maybe try that and some Repta-aid?

He looks really good for not eating though. :D

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
Because u told me an spyder both u brought him i still have the pm's. What happened to nyx the dragon u got after basti. I just curious y u keep losing dragons. And there is labs u can send fecal to over night ill have that info for u n the morning. My concern is the well being of the dragon.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I tried some fruit baby food and it didn't go over very well. I'd rather feed him whole foods as long as he will take them but I am getting chicken and squash tomorrow just in case I have to go that route.

Puddin, I never told you I took Basti to the vet, you must have misunderstood. Nyx went to a new home quite a long time ago. I'd appreciate it of you would stay on topic and stop grilling me about about previous sick dragons.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
I'd pm Tracie about sending out a fecal to get tested, if I remember right, she knows how to get it done, and can send you the supply to have it done,

He looks pretty good though, still meaty, I hope he starts feeling better soon

mellu

Juvie Member
[rude and inappropriate comment removed by mod]

Whenever my guys are off their food they get baby food and I pick up some treat worms like butters and stuff to try to entice them. Give him lots of baths as it can only help with hydration even if it's not as good as water given orally. You could also get some apples and juice them yourself, then dilute with water, that might get him drinking. I know how hard it is having limited or no access to proper vets. There are no herp vets in Newfoundland but luckily my cat's vet sees reptiles and he's handled every kind of animal under the sun, he's a great vet and worst case scenario I'd have to bring them to PEI to the vet school. I'm used to it though, it was just as hard getting my horse seen for routine vaccinations.

Good luck, you're an awesome beardie mom and don't let anyone tell you different.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Gail,

I'm nowhere near as experienced as you however with BeeGee, I'm sure you've seen my posts, he wasn't eating a lot before either. At first he went off of food in December of 2010, right around Christmas time. I bought some feeder worms from a site on fauna that I thought was trustworthy because they had a website and everything. Well a lot of them seemed dead, I fed him a few of the live ones but stopped after a few days when they started to die??? They looked very ill to me at that point. He stopped eating supers and veggies at that point and I've been struggling with dehydration issues and bm ever since. Maybe keep trying water and natural sunlight??? I know natural sunlight always helps Bee out with his BMs. I'm sure you thought this all through already but just from having Bee, when a beardie doesn't eat it gets severely dehydrated. :( I hope things work out with you. I also think beautiful dragons does fecals??? They're right next to idaho so maybe you could send it in? They're also having a reptile expo with on the site fecals? Idk how far you are though :/

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I remember that someone was selling fecal kits with a little cheap-o microscope but I can't find who it was. I can't believe that I never thought about checking Traci's site or seeing if she might be able to help :roll: The expo in Oregon is too far but I'll check to see if they take samples through the mail.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Gail, do you feel like these are the same symptoms Basti displayed? I'm wondering if there could be something environmental going on.

ETA- is he one of your aunt's dragons? And did you ever have Basti tested for adeno? I think Tracie does inexpensive adeno tests if you want to rule that out.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
Good point sara, what does ur set up and consit of. What do u use to clean ur tanks with. An y did nyx go to a diff home did she display any of these symptoms.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
No, no symptoms are the same as Bastis and Jupiter came from Dragons Den. The cage is melamine with plexiglass sliding doors, bricks and natural stone for platforms. I use a reptisun 10 tube and household lights for heat. I use vinegar/steam cleaner for cleaning. Flooring is shelf liner and tile.
Nyx was rehomed simply because I didn't like her personality and she didn't much care for me, she wasn't ill.

Can we all please stop talking about Basti now, that was almost 2 years ago and has nothing to do with Jupiter or his issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom