He's acting up again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Lately my Beardie has been acting up. I'll wake up and he'll already be glass surfing and going crazy, running back and forth in his tank. The only way to calm him down is to let him out for some roam time or to bask in my windowsill (which he does for hours on end), but when I put him back in after a decent amount of time, he's going crazy again. His beard's also been black a lot lately, though he hasnt shown any signs of aggression other than refusing to calm the f**k down.
He's also been having small bowel movements every day instead of the typical large one once a week or so.

Any ideas what could be bugging him? Is it just because I've been home for the past week due to surgery and he knows I let him out on days I'm home, or is there something else possibly going on?

He's in a 75 gallon (4'x2'x2' approx)
Temps are usually 95° hot side, ~80° cool side and drop to mid 70s at night
He's got an Arcadia T5 tube (cant remember the exact specs right now) covering 2/3 of the tank and a basking bulb on one side. He also has a CHE I turn on for cold nights.

PS: took him to the vet back in early June and he got a clean bill of health.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be hormones or he knows your home--- how old is the UVB? Should be changed out every year I recommend a month prior to

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":15mow5n1 said:
Could be hormones or he knows your home--- how old is the UVB? Should be changed out every year I recommend a month prior to

It's brand new. Maybe 2 months. I got it shortly after I moved into my new place back in June

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":34wbmhnl said:

When you say hormones, are you referring to the fact it's going into mating season in Australia?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be if thats where you are -- or hes a juvie and hormones are acting up

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2gotot6z said:
Could be if thats where you are -- or hes a juvie and hormones are acting up
No, neither. He's over 2 years old so he'd be considered an adult. And I live in the states, just have read that some can be really in-tune with their native cycles. :/

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Though, I just watched a video about male Beardie "puberty" and it sounds kinda like what's going on with him. So... maybe... I dunno. I knew keeping reptiles was way different than other pets, but this little guy has me puzzled more often than not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom