Here's how my newbie build has been going

A while back (I think over a year now), I came to these forums for advice on building a tank for my rapidly growing little guy. And yall answered every question I had!
It's still a work in progress, but here is Mushu's Palace as it stands. I must say I'm pretty pleased with it so far, and so is he. (For reference, he's just a tad shy of 24 inches long). Long term I'm thinking about adding a tower section on the right side because he really loves to climb

Attachments

• 20230119_001329.jpg
    20230119_001329.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20230119_001314.jpg
    20230119_001314.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 97

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
A while back (I think over a year now), I came to these forums for advice on building a tank for my rapidly growing little guy. And yall answered every question I had!
It's still a work in progress, but here is Mushu's Palace as it stands. I must say I'm pretty pleased with it so far, and so is he. (For reference, he's just a tad shy of 24 inches long). Long term I'm thinking about adding a tower section on the right side because he really loves to climb
Thats an amazing tank i love it! how big is it it looks massive??

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That looks awesome 👌

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Thanks! Exterior dimensions are roughly 6.5x2x2 ft. It definitely has some presence in the room! My next goal is to try to add some color to it- not sure how yet, maybe throw in a couple of my aloes and haworthiopsis.
I'd love to have something like that for my reptiles some day its amazing

GeckoDragon

Original Poster
I'd love to have something like that for my reptiles some day its amazing
Heh yeah I love to spoil my pets (I believe all pets should be spoiled lol). My menagerie currently consists of Mushu, 2 cats, a dwarf hamster, a fish tank, and an emperor scorpion. Here's Asimov trying to make friends with a dubious Mushu while I was installing the doors 🥰

Attachments

• 20230118_235709.jpg
    20230118_235709.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 75

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Heh yeah I love to spoil my pets (I believe all pets should be spoiled lol). My menagerie currently consists of Mushu, 2 cats, a dwarf hamster, a fish tank, and an emperor scorpion. Here's Asimov trying to make friends with a dubious Mushu while I was installing the doors 🥰
that cat is adorable i have a dog and a hedgehog along with my dragon. I've never seen myself as the kind of person with a tank of roaches to breed for my animals but here I am lol

GeckoDragon

Original Poster
that cat is adorable i have a dog and a hedgehog along with my dragon. I've never seen myself as the kind of person with a tank of roaches to breed for my animals but here I am lol
Hedgehogs are so freakin cute. And lol yeah, I don't do roaches. Which is silly, because I live in the South, but still... bleh. I stick with crickets and superworms.
As for Asimov, it's pretty funny because while he's a master slayer of backyard wildlife, he's also a perfect gentleman around Mushu and the little dwarf hamster.

Oh, and if a large build like this is something you think you might want to do someday, I recommend looking around for something you can reclaim material from to make the frame, like old furniture or whatever. In my case, the frame is from an enormous old aviary that my cats' vet gave me. Only used half of it, so I actually still have enough to make a second, identical tank

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
OMG my heart stopped seeing that cat in the enclosure. I have heard about beardies and cats getting along but I've never SEEN it before.
I can tell looking at the beardie that they are friends :love: despite the good ole side eye.
That is an amazing enclosure. I wish I had talent. I am going to tag a mod and ask that we have a contest of who can build the WORST enclosure. I know that I would win, hands down!:ROFLMAO:

You did a great job from the size to the decor...I mean since you have excess space, ever thought about a tegu? LOL
(I'm just projecting- I mean, go big or go home right LOL)

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom