Here is a picture of a female dubia laying an egg sack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Here is a cricket morphing not sure if anyone ever seen one before.
IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Lance, I saw one of my female dubias laying an egg sack for the first time a few days ago, very cool and gross all at the same time! More babies soon! Glad I had seen your post or I wouldn't have known what to think about that!

sbattisti

Juvie Member
I started out with a very small colony (25 adults), and I think I have the temp around 93-95. Feeding them chow + water crystals + oranges, and they seem happy (?), but not 100% sure how to figure out if everything's going well aside from that. I've had them since Xmas eve. I guess it's time to start looking for egg sacks??

Steve

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
I saw bunches of tiny babies before I spotted a female laying an eggsack. Look for the babies, easiest way to tell.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Yes I am! YAY! Roachy Bug Babies! LOL Every time I open one of the bins there are bunches of tiny little babies! Many of the first babies I saw weeks ago are now getting into the 1/4 inch size now too! I am really impressed by how quickly the females are producing babies! I have seen 3 or 4 females now with the egg sack over the past month or so, and I know there has to have been many more as well. I agree with Janie, the babies are kinda cute...for future food items! LOL

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks Lance! And just think, a couple months ago I was really hesitant to even bring these creepy crawlies into my house! LOL And no, I still won't pick them up by hand, but, they don't creep me out nearly as bad as they did the first time I saw them!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
DragonMomSandy":f0d45 said:
Thanks Lance! And just think, a couple months ago I was really hesitant to even bring these creepy crawlies into my house! LOL And no, I still won't pick them up by hand, but, they don't creep me out nearly as bad as they did the first time I saw them!

:lol: Sandy you know me all to well! :lol: But you will eventually pick one up. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom