Here is a picture of a female dubia laying an egg sack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
Lance, you seem to be some what of an expert on roaches. How long does it take for a properly fed and heated baby dubia to become an adult? I have had hundreds of babies in my tub for the longest time. And i'm haveing a hard time telling if my colony needs more food or not. They always finnish there food weather its a bannana or an orange or just some of the dry food i got with my start up colony. The trouble is that i can't really tell if my babies are growing up or not. My colony is definatly not big enough to sustain my dragons with out buying more roaches every 2 months (I have 4 hungery Bearded Dragons). If this is a hard question to answer then just point me in the direction of some light reading to satisfy my roach needs. Thanks Lance or any one who happens to help me out a bit.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Babies mature in about 4-6 months depending on temperature and food supply. Just remember to not clean the poop out because the nymphs feed on it. Hope this helps. :D

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Pick out any dead roaches or molted shells, otherwise leave the poop (frass) for up to 3 months. The babies feed off this.

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Twobeardieguy":3fc2a said:
Yea it is pretty nasty! Here is another shot I got today. I just thought it was cool how I got the zoom..

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

Lance--You really have too much time on your hands!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I just happened to have my camera on hand when I was cleaning the bin out. But my extra time helps other peoples life's less stressful. :p :wink:

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Lance, yeah it is pretty gross and even alien looking! Cool that you can zoom in on a small object like that(I'm really jealous of your camera right now!). I for one am glad you posted the picks or I would have thought something was seriously wrong with the bugs the first time I saw this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom