Here is a picture of a female dubia laying an egg sack

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Ok, so I have almost decided for definite that I shall be giving it a go if she likes roaches (have yet to try some as need to order them online). I am a bit paranoid about them escaping though. I have four kids, at least 3 of which would totally freak. Part of me cannot believe I am even considering this! I don't think I can bring myself to touching them straight off without gloves, but I think I could cope without tongs :)

Best I go and order some of these yummy things now :D

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Yes bout HOW LONG before they die? Long enough to run over my face while I sleep? *shudders big time*. Mustn't think such nasty thoughts *takes calming breath* :)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
DoubleJ":23p1dzur said:
Yes bout HOW LONG before they die? Long enough to run over my face while I sleep? *shudders big time*. Mustn't think such nasty thoughts *takes calming breath* :)
you mean like this?

images

that wouldn't be so bad, would it? ;-)

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
nair88":2hnn6vzl said:
DoubleJ":2hnn6vzl said:
you mean like this?

images

that wouldn't be so bad, would it? ;-)
:laughhard:

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
This thread cracks me up :mrgreen: So my roaches arrived this morning. I couldn't feed Brindi until lunchtime as had to go out, but I was dreading that little head twist and half closed eyes she gives me when she snubs my offerings. I put her in the big tub I use for her baths, just added a towel to the bottom, held the egg carton and shook a couple of roaches in.

Boy oh boy! She shot after them! My worries fell away at this obvious evidence of an end to the hungar strike. I shook some more in - those critters can't half scuttle fast *big shudder* and they were gone in seconds as well. I thought I would just shake a couple more in as I didnt want to overdo it as she hadnt eaten anything but babyfood for ages now.

I shook... no roaches ... shook again a little harder .... loads fell out! Arrghh, I immediately DIDNT scoop them up, no way. But thought I had best get my tweezers and get them out of Brindi's reach. She beat me to it. She dashed around like a mad thing and before I knew it there was only one left! She must have eaten nearly 15 (if not a few more). So tomorrow I shall probably have a constipated Beardie :( I can't feel too bad though at the moment because it's the first time in 2 weeks she has shown any real interest in food. I have had her on reptaid for 7 days so I shall keep up with that just to make sure she is all perked up and then hopefully she will go from strength to strength.

I will be ordering more roaches today and also a roach colony :D

This thread is entirely responsible for my attempting roaches as they are not something I had considered feeding before (didn't even know you could get them in the UK). Thanks all :D

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Me again :roll: I have a reptile plug in heat pad. A very early mistake (when I used to listen to the petshop). It is the type you can just slide under a viv. I was wondering if it would be ok to heat a plastic bin. When I looked up a similar model online it said not to put against plastic but I have also seen roach colony demos where a reptile heat pad is under or stuck on the side.

Also, is it better to put the heat pad under the bin or tape it somehow to the side of the bin?

Thank you for any help :)

I have had a reptile stick on heater on the underside of my bin for a while now with no problems. The melting point of your bin is much higher than what the heat pad can get to. I like it on the underside so you have a wider area for the roaches to get on top of that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom