help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakekeeper

:banghead: I AM COMPLETELY CONFUSED!!!I bought a female beardie(pheonix) and was told she was ready to breed.. I put drake in w/ her and NOTHING. I have a friend who has a male(mojo)....that actually looks like a male compared w/ the sexing pics online(drake looks like my new female) I put mojo in w/ phe and they start bobbing and stuff, did not mate but got along well. I put mojo in / drake Nothing, but NO aggression w/ either. what do I do??? how do I tell if drake is male?? the guy I got him from said the vet showed him his male organs ... :angry5: totally stressed b/c if I have 2 females well, then I have to got buy a male and who's to know of I even end up w/ one or not......sorry, it's been a very trying day, any suggestions would be SOOO much help...OH.. and the breeder I got phe from says NOT to mist her, she doesn't eat crix blah.blah... so now I don't know if I am taking good care of drake, let alone a new beardie. she's making me nuts.
thanx
amy

Tarkah

:( do some more research before you try breeding again.

you should be able to tell if ones male or female. research that.

Not being mean but breeding is not just a side project. its a big investment.

dont feed her crickets what? dont mist her? huh. rewind and retrack.

look if you dont get the females diet right, that is get her "pre pregnancy diet" right then she's going to have troubles with the eggs.

go do some more research and we'll be glad to help you. but research first.

drakekeeper

Original Poster
no it's not an easy thing to do, and I have researched til i'm blue in the face,,, the problem is that everything I find is contradictory. one person swears to do this or that and someone says thats wrong. and there aren't breadie owners or reptile vets close to where I am. so being here I thought I'd post b/c I was very stressed and it seemed to me that the ppl on this website would understand that. I do know that drake is male, phe and drake are getting to know eachother, she is on a good diet, and eating good, I just paniced.
thanks
amy

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Don't feel too bad. You see many threads on here about people who 4 - 8 years later found out their boy was a girl and vice versa. It is hard to get the right information but you are looking in the right place.. I can guarantee that. I'm sure a vetran breeder will notice this and give you some great information.. Other than that, read the other threads. I wish I had the information for you. Good luck on your future breeding challenges! :wink:

drakekeeper

Original Poster
thanx erin. that does make me feel better. it's been a rough few days, an don top of it all, i am battling a nasty case of food poisoning. so really, thanx.. I know some may think it's a waste of time to give a rookie info, but the way I see it is I"d rather have the correct info and do it right than to cause injury or pain.
have a good day
amy

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
how old are the females? I think I read somewhere that the younger (after adulthood) the healthier they are to breed. I think I was also suggested under 3 years, but like I said "suggested" not a rule.. And I don't know what I'm talking about.. just regurgitating information.

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Hi, I just wanted to share with you that we too were given a ton of false information from the pet stores that we bought our 2 beardies from. Everything from housing together, food, temps, mating, lighting and so on. It wasn't until we came home one day and found our male and female mating. The fact that our girl got pregnant brought us to these boards. I have read and read and read. As you said there are so many opinions out there and so you find yourself checking and re-checking. Hind site we could have gotten on the internet and researched but we went off of what we were told. Not the first or the last person. I have met so many kind people that are very willing to help and not judge. If they are truly in it for the pets sake they will not judge you when you are trying to gather information and do the right thing. So don't feel bad. Our girl laid her first clutch back in Jan. and her second last week. She is doing great and we are learning as we go. The eggs are doing great so far. I'm a true believer in planning ahead but sometime things happen and we are doing the very best we can. I wish you the best of luck and if I can help you at any time I would be more than happy to. Take care :)

drakekeeper

Original Poster
my female is 19 months old, i was told by the breeder, drake is 4 yrs i think
thanx 4 all the help!!
amy

Kagome100

Juvie Member
get some good bird view pics of them laid out on a bed or floor. The older one should be easy to tell. Younger is some times harder to tell. Im willing to try to help sex them by pics.

OH and some times even breeders are wrong, its very common to say its a male and its really female or other way around.

And about breeding, my male after i put my female in with him, took over 5 weeks before he bred with her. Yes lots of bobbing, black beard, and running around. But never saw him on her till 5 weeks latter when i happen to be sitting watching tv and boom there it was :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom