help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
I would definitely isolate your dragon, and give it nice warm, not hot baths. this will help your BD to be hydrated

I have had, personally, no luck with dried dragon food.

try easier to catch, nutritious feeders, like phoenix worms.. these are also easier to digest and more "user friendly" than most feeders. But can be pricey.

Dont use meal worms/wax worms - but PHOENIX worms.
-
I would feed your dragon a slurry of:
1 can of ensure (vanil)
1 multi vit
1 banana
1 chicken baby food can

blend it together and freeze the extra... give your dragon about 2.5 mL a night.

it be better if you could buy "rept-Aid"
-

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
also, get rid of the sand substrate.

filtered play sand should only be used for beardies that are at least a 12 inches long.... i think thats what? 25 cms?

make sure the food is not too big for your beardie, as it can cause impaction.
-
your UV B bulb does not sound like its a strong enough model.

UV B is critical and a strong, reputable flourescent tube or better yet, Mercury Vapor Bulb should be used.
-
Keep up the love and care!!!
and i will help you as much as i can

missdjcabz

Original Poster
i already do give it baths 3times a day.
i only tried dried dragon food as an occasional variation.
with only 1 place within 50miles that stocks food for them i dnt really hav a choice on wat to feed them i can only have wat they got.
mealworms were fed as a few a day treat as they love them.
and try to eat them throuh the tub instead of the crickets or locusts wen given the choice.
iv got the chicken baby food mixture and speedy spits most of it out which is very frustraiting but i will keep on trying.
i hav 2 uvb bulbs 1 is a full spectrum 10.0 tube and a smaller bulb 2.
i dnt think food is too big as is smaller than the width of her head.
im planing on getting sum repti carpet but im nt able to travel that far till next mnth as it is very far to the nearest reptile shop.
the sand is a very thin layer not even covering the whole floor and i thought that would be better than anything else until i can get sumthing. i put paper down for them at nite though so the dont hav theyre heads down in the sand and they are fed in a different viv with no sand in.

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
I would just use paper towel, its easy and no danger of impaction.
-
what are the makes/models of your UV B(s)?

try ordering crickets offline! I save soo much money that way and its fast, and they arrive at your door. so in the end, you save money on the crickets and gas!

I use http://www.premiumcrickets.com personally.

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
blend the chicken baby food with some ensure, a banana, and multi vit ( you get a lost of mixture)

and give it to your dragon at night, via syringe.

Try about 2.5mL.

it can be tough to get them to eat it, but they generally like it. and if not, there are guides to "force" feeding

missdjcabz

Original Poster
i cant remember wat the full spec tube is as it doesnt say the make on it that i xan c but then i havent takin it out 2 look at it.
my uvb i think is repti sun.
its defo not repti glo as i heard they are bad.
its eitha repti sun or sunglo or sumthing like that it has sun in it anyway and says uvb on it.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Ensure can be found at grocery stores. It comes in cans and is a nutritious drink. You could just blend some veggies or greens with the chicken baby food and add a bit of fruit. The fruity taste may help her to eat it.

missdjcabz

Original Poster
i havnt been able 2 find it in any shop anywhere.
yea they r currently seperated since yesterday and so far she isnt doing anything and spike just stands at the doors

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
heres a link to ensure, and i think you can get some offer for a free sample.

https://ensure.com/registration.aspx?s=sample

if you find something similar, that could work too. Or, buy repta-aid.
-
what stores have you gone too?

I dont know where you are located but, CVS, wal-mart, and those types should have it, and most grocery stores as well.

missdjcabz

Original Poster
im in the uk so nothing like that here.
i got things like tesco and morrisons and spar.
i also went to lidl, kwiksave, and a couple of small shops 2.
i dunno where to get repta aid either its not in my local reptile shop and we only have 1 reptile shop in the county.

missdjcabz

Original Poster
already got soya yogart mixed with banana and multi vit but i have to force feed with a syringe and occasionaly has a taste for herself.
i will have a look at the website thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom