Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leobeardy

Friend had me watch her bearded dragon while she moved. She ghosted me. So now it’s been a month and it’s very skinny, hasn’t ate anything and I’ve tried everything. It only drinks if I put it in the water bowl. Only moves if I move it. Has a weird bump by where her tail starts like in her spine. So it never moves never eats and only drinks if I put her in the bowl but she would stay there and drown if I don’t take her out.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Oh no! Poor guy. Did he come with food? What kind of set up does he have? You can get some stage one baby food or get some depth boost. More than likely he is developing mbd. He needs calcium or it will get worse. Also if you don't feel you can take care of him you can surrender him to a animal sanctuary.

Leobeardy

Original Poster
Oh no! Poor guy. Did he come with food? What kind of set up does he have? You can get some stage one baby food or get some depth boost. More than likely he is developing mbd. He needs calcium or it will get worse. Also if you don't feel you can take care of him you can surrender him to a animal sanctuary.
She left her in a 10 gal tank with sand but we bought a 40 gal and carpet she left me with tiny crickets that ended up all dying. I bought worms, crickets, kale, blueberries, dried worms and carrots. All which it refuses. Husband went to pet store and got everything they told us to get. A double light holder thing with a red light and a ceramic heat thing, temp reader (it’s at 100) and some rocks and plants and a hide and water bowl.

Leobeardy

Original Poster

Attachments

• 1AAD2521-0709-48A5-BE6A-E94EFE397A7D.jpeg
    1AAD2521-0709-48A5-BE6A-E94EFE397A7D.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 2F25C296-F5F3-4265-85DB-7F1EA22ABD85.jpeg
    2F25C296-F5F3-4265-85DB-7F1EA22ABD85.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 8AC96649-E64E-4BCA-B45F-4C0483524F42.jpeg
    8AC96649-E64E-4BCA-B45F-4C0483524F42.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 64

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please tell me what your using for a UVB? How old is it? If its a coil it will be in a dome get rid of it ASAP- the dragon looks like its dying --- what are the basking temps and how are you getting them? The dragon is going thru relocation stress but there is much more going on here --- you need a bright white clear basking bulb looks like this Exo Terra® Intense Basking Spot Light | reptile Bulbs & Lamps | PetSmart
basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer looks like this Zoo Med Reptile Terrarium Digital Thermometer | reptile Humidity & Temperature Control | PetSmart get 2 of them one for the basking side and one for the cool side temp on that side should be 80's during the day --- you want surface basking temps place the probe on the spot where she sits for basking wait 10 min then get the temp - now for the most important thing that I think is going on is lack of UVB -- dragons will not eat w/ out correct UVB and basking temps
you want this a 24" fixture Zoo Med Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this will come w/a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up distance and placement is different from the tank you have her in you want this bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
you need this ASAP---- she is in bad shape ---- shame on the person that did this to her ----
Take the red light back and please do not listen to anymore pet store employees advice ---- that ceramic heat thing a CHE thats good hang on to it but get rid of the red bulb they cause long term eye damage and disrupt the dragons sleep they sold you something harmful to the dragon
please tell me what you have and what your using so I can help more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom