Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone new to this website. So I’ve had a beardie for about 4 months now would say he’s about 6 months. My lamp already went out so I switched to a 160w all in one bulb and every since my dragon has been basking with his eyes closed and doesn’t seem to be very active he was fine before then and also had a 160 watt bulb that came with the tank. He’s currently in a 40 gallon 36x18x18. From what I’ve read I do need to go with a t5 5.0 or 10.0 tube bulb but should I place it inside or outside? His basking spot is 12 inches from the top of his screen. Any advance will be appreciated

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone new to this website. So I’ve had a beardie for about 4 months now would say he’s about 6 months. My lamp already went out so I switched to a 160w all in one bulb and every since my dragon has been basking with his eyes closed and doesn’t seem to be very active he was fine before then and also had a 160 watt bulb that came with the tank. He’s currently in a 40 gallon 36x18x18. From what I’ve read I do need to go with a t5 5.0 or 10.0 tube bulb but should I place it inside or outside? His basking spot is 12 inches from the top of his screen. Any advance will be appreciated
What brand of MVB did you get? PowerSun and Mega Ray are good ----- is the MVB sitting on the screen or NO screen? I would recommend getting another UVB long tube fixture 24" for a tank upgrade possibility a Reptisun 10.0 bulb placement and distance would depend on the screen on your tank -------------- most times the MVB does not emit enough UVB rays and w/ the long tube fixture your gonna cover those bases but the closing of the eyes all the time is not good-----------

Josh957123

Original Poster
What brand of MVB did you get? PowerSun and Mega Ray are good ----- is the MVB sitting on the screen or NO screen? I would recommend getting another UVB long tube fixture 24" for a tank upgrade possibility a Reptisun 10.0 bulb placement and distance would depend on the screen on your tank -------------- most times the MVB does not emit enough UVB rays and w/ the long tube fixture your gonna cover those bases but the closing of the eyes all the time is not good-----------
It is a solar Glo and no I have it on a stand about 5 inches from the screen. If I sit it on the screen it would be about 12 inches from his basking spot. If I mount a reptisun uvb bulb in the back at the top it would be about 12 inches from the basking spot is that too close ?
it is a solar glo and no it’s about a total of 18 inches from his basking spot if I sit it on the screen it’s 11 inches, well he’s more active out of the tank and is mainly closing his eyes when he’s basking, which I don’t know if that’s normal or if the lights too bright? He’s staying under his basking spot majority of the day even though it is about 105

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It is a solar Glo and no I have it on a stand about 5 inches from the screen. If I sit it on the screen it would be about 12 inches from his basking spot. If I mount a reptisun uvb bulb in the back at the top it would be about 12 inches from the basking spot is that too close ?

it is a solar glo and no it’s about a total of 18 inches from his basking spot if I sit it on the screen it’s 11 inches, well he’s more active out of the tank and is mainly closing his eyes when he’s basking, which I don’t know if that’s normal or if the lights too bright? He’s staying under his basking spot majority of the day even though it is about 105
I am gonna say its the Solar Glo causing the eye issues -- I would take it back and get a regular CLEAR bright white basking bulb -- like Exo Terra start w/ a 100 watt make sure you have a digital probe thermometer place on the spot where he basks then get the temp 10 min or so ---- and yes you can put the UVB in the back distance of 12-15 inches ----

Josh957123

Original Poster
I am gonna say its the Solar Glo causing the eye issues -- I would take it back and get a regular CLEAR bright white basking bulb -- like Exo Terra start w/ a 100 watt make sure you have a digital probe thermometer place on the spot where he basks then get the temp 10 min or so ---- and yes you can put the UVB in the back distance of 12-15 inches ----
Okay so should I probably just go ahead and order a t5 10.0 and mount it in the back and move his basking spot to the front which would be about 12-14 from the light, I attached a picture of his tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay so should I probably just go ahead and order a t5 10.0 and mount it in the back and move his basking spot to the front which would be about 12-14 from the light, I attached a picture of his tank
12-14 inches from the light? which light are you talking about the UVB or the basking bulb? what is the red glo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom