HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby beardie, she is a girl, she hasn't eaten in 2 days and since last night she has been keeping her head down. She wont climb because she keeps falling off. she even crawls with her nose touching the floor. every once in a while she will also take deep breathes and puff out the tiney tiny beard she has. and also she makes these movements... which to me kind of look like spasms or maybe convulsions? idk it sort of looks like when a person gets a chill and their whole body does that shake that looks like they're loosening up... idk why she is doing this. yesterday during the day she was fine. running through the tank and the day before she consumed 8 small crickets. She is only about 5.5 inches INCLUDING tail. So she is a baby baby. I soak her everyday sometimes twice a day. her tank gets misted about 4 times a day to keep humidity up because my house is dry the meter measures no humidity when I spray it goes up 20% then down to between 10 and 15 for about 30 minutes after. She has a UVB strip not coil bulb. her basking temp and the spot she always sits at is 100 and her cool side is about 80 then at night it drops to 75 where she always sleeps. I've been trying to feed her baby food by syringe but she is so small she wont open her mouth and there's only so much I can open it myself without hurting her... Idk what could be wrong with her but its driving me insane and the only vets I can take her to are closed... what do I do?!!!!!!

TipsyTraveler

Hatchling Member
Please elaborate the brand and type of UVB bulb and basking bulbs you have, and any bulbs you use at night.
also what are you using for measuring humidity/temperature? the dials will not work they can be off by 20 and i doubt the humidity would be at 0%. that is outrageous even breath from your beardie would boost that. if you are measuring with a digital device and its still that low, add a water bowl for your beardy, he may drink from it and it will boost humidity.

has he been pooping/urinating?
is he paralyzed anywhere?
are you calcium dusting the crickets?
-specify the UVB again please-
is there anything that could scare him? (fans,cats,dogs,etc.)
what type of substrate do you have?
how heavy is he? (is he anorexic for example)
do you feed her greens?

callalily8912

Original Poster
I have a repti glo 5.0 UVB and all living things 100 watt basking bulb. She is kept on paper towel as my older dragon is. No my house is normally quiet its just my father and I living here. Yes i dust the crickets. and I use one of those dial things that measures temp and humidity. She is in a 55 gallon tank which is 48 inces by 20 inches high by 13 inches wide. She is losing weight because she didn't eat today only a few licks of baby and she didn't eat yesterday. She pooped/urinated twice yesterday and normally goes at least once a day but hasn't gone today because she didn't eat... Normally she is hyper and has all this energy and makes me chase her to pick her up but now since she has been keeping her head down she just lets me scoop her up. No nothing is paralyzed she moves everything and nothing is stiff but when she gets that spasm/chill/convulsion thing she seems to tense up while its happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom