Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Mango is doll baby, and the name fits 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Mango is super cute & the name is perfect, too!
I hope his tail sheds for him, soon. I"m sure that he will do well for you.
How is the lighting coming along for him?

Tracie

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
Hello,

Mango is super cute & the name is perfect, too!
I hope his tail sheds for him, soon. I"m sure that he will do well for you.
How is the lighting coming along for him?

Tracie
Thanks we SCORED super huge on this deal for him. It was a God thing on how it worked out for us getting him.
The lighting I think is pretty good.
150 watt bulb for the basking area to a hot enough temperature I believe.

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
I thought he had a contusion or something on his chin. Till I asked my wife about it, she said she touched his chin with a blueberry 😂

Attachments

• 33BE0B41-903B-40B6-B65B-635F8DCFE645.jpeg
    33BE0B41-903B-40B6-B65B-635F8DCFE645.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 60

ELCorrigan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Twinkle Fireheart
UPDATE!

So we shortened the name to zubaia (queen of dragons) and we call her zuzu. She is doing a really great job of eating.
PXL_20230111_011253344.jpg
We have crickets and wax worms and some dubia roaches. She just shedded again and is working on that. She has started letting us pick her up a little bit in the cage and has a fat belly everyday. Thanks a million for everybody's help.

One more question though. I will post a picture but these little black fuzzy worm-like creatures keep popping up in the cage that we keep the food in. Is this some kind of life stage of one of the worm or something?

PXL_20230111_011433289.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UPDATE!

So we shortened the name to zubaia (queen of dragons) and we call her zuzu. She is doing a really great job of eating. View attachment 76913 We have crickets and wax worms and some dubia roaches. She just shedded again and is working on that. She has started letting us pick her up a little bit in the cage and has a fat belly everyday. Thanks a million for everybody's help.

One more question though. I will post a picture but these little black fuzzy worm-like creatures keep popping up in the cage that we keep the food in. Is this some kind of life stage of one of the worm or something?

View attachment 76914
I have no idea what that is lets flag @CooperDragon

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
That looks like a dermestid beetle larva. They are often used as cleaner crew for bug colonies and are completely harmless.
Good to know.
I’m pretty sure we had some of those in our last batch of Dubia, Mango snarfed one up that was about this size.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh ok, so Zubaia is a leatherback! That is a really cool name.How is he doing today?
Yes, those are very common worms, so no worry they aren't poisonous at all.
That is so funny, blueberries can definitely stain their scales to where it looks like blood!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom