Help with new beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

plott

Okay so my beardie is coming today and i am wondering what you guys do when you get a new one? Like do you give it a bath, put it in the cage and leave it alone? or what? Thanks

ReptileRy

plott":16qqi594 said:
Okay so my beardie is coming today and i am wondering what you guys do when you get a new one? Like do you give it a bath, put it in the cage and leave it alone? or what? Thanks

when i brought mine home from a reptile expo, which was a 2 1/2 hour drive i took her out, she walked on the counter as we got her viv set up and then put her in it for atleast 4 days for her to settle in, feeding her and putting her feeding and lights on a schedual, i have a timer for my lights which works very well. congrats on the new beardie! :D

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Definitely leave your new beardie alone as much as possible. I know it really sucks because you want to spend every second watching them and interacting with them. But he/she will be very very stressed out by the whole ordeal and your presence will cause even more stress. So aside from feedings, try to stay away as much as possible for at least a day and then very very very gradually increase the amount of time you are around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom