help with lighting !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellooo everyone, I was just coming on here to ask about if i should be giving my dragon 10.0 UVB.. I work for breeders and they told me that if the dragon is a trans that you should use 5.0 uvb but every where that i’ve read said to use 10.0… should i be using a 10.0???

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It kind of depends on the size of the enclosure. If you have at least 10-12'' overhead between the basking light and the basking area, I'd probably go with a 10.0/12% T5. It's also important that you have enough space away from the basking area that has little to no UVB and lower heat. That will allow your dragon to move around to get what they want at a given time. From there, you can make adjustments based on observed behavior. If they are basking a lot directly under the lights, you can try increasing the temps and/or moving the UVB light slightly closer to see how they respond. If they stay to the side of the basking area and seem to favor cooler temps/lower UVB exposure, you can increase the distance to the lights a bit and see how they react.

Moved by moderator from Advanced Discussion to Enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom