Help with Feeding Worms???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGSAME

Hatchling Member
The only worms I have been feeding both of my 5 month olds are PW's. I would like to change up a little. I am going to purchase some silk worms and butter worms. Does the space between the eyes rule still apply? Now is that for the width of the worm or the length.
They are both 11' each and what size silk and butters would you suggest?

dragons1222

Juvie Member
no the worms do not have to be the size between the eyes that is only with crickets/roaches b/c they have a harder shell

the worms bend so they can eat them larger

AntAPD

I was just thinkin the same thing about the size of the worms. My BD, which ive only had for like 3 days so far doesnt seem too thrilled with crickets at all. I just took him out of the cage to try and feed him crickets in an enclosure where the crickets cant hide and he just wanted out of the box. Hes about 10in. long so would superworms or PW's be fine for him?

I am feeding him externally from his tank cause the pet store had me get Calcisand and i havent found (around here atleast, this forum gave me lots of ideas) a good affordable substrate to replace it with aside from paper towels.

KINGSAME

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You could replace it with Slate tile. I bought 2 18' x 18' tile from Home Depot for 1.98 a piece. They will also cut the tile to whatever size you need.

AntAPD

What should i use to seal this tile up? Reason i ask is because i do not have a spare tank to place my BD in while doing all this. Im sure i could whip something up with a clamp light and some sort of box, but i dont really want to have him out of the cage for a whole day incase i have to do something outside of my house.

dragons1222

Juvie Member
he is too small yet for superworms(should be 16 inches)
but pw are fine

as far as the tile you do not need to seal it in makes cleanup easier in my opinion

then if they get dirty you can lift them out

other substrates are reptile carpet or non adhesive shelf liner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom