Help with extra small dubias

EmberRising

Beardie name(s)
Ember
I have a baby bearded dragon who really likes dubias. We have the extra small ones, ~1/4”. Can anyone help with a few things? They are so small that they have a hard time climbing over things. Currently they are in a Rubbermaid container, but it has a small lip all around the inside bottom edge, and it looks like they are getting caught inside the little “trench” that is around the edges of the bin. Or they will fall and get flipped over and then they can’t right themselves. Will this eventually kill them?

I’m also looking for advice on feeding them - I’d like to keep the food and moisture contained (I’ve been using jar lids) but I don’t think they can climb over the edges. I have fresh veg, dubia diet, and some water crystals (not sure that those were necessary- maybe just a wet paper towel would be better?). What can I put the food in that they can still get to?

Thanks for any advice!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a baby bearded dragon who really likes dubias. We have the extra small ones, ~1/4”. Can anyone help with a few things? They are so small that they have a hard time climbing over things. Currently they are in a Rubbermaid container, but it has a small lip all around the inside bottom edge, and it looks like they are getting caught inside the little “trench” that is around the edges of the bin. Or they will fall and get flipped over and then they can’t right themselves. Will this eventually kill them?

I’m also looking for advice on feeding them - I’d like to keep the food and moisture contained (I’ve been using jar lids) but I don’t think they can climb over the edges. I have fresh veg, dubia diet, and some water crystals (not sure that those were necessary- maybe just a wet paper towel would be better?). What can I put the food in that they can still get to?

Thanks for any advice!
Please get a 10 gallon aquarium - feed them carrots squash fruit and dubias food and dubias dew- get it from where you order your roaches- you will need little cups to put the dubias food in and dew- do not feed your dragon carrots too- to much vit A- sweet potato raw shredded is good to feed as well- use the egg cartons in the tank

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom