Help! Turbo vomited 3 times this morning

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Turbo doing? In most cases they are usually able to lay eggs successfully. Though
there are some cases where they need to be removed.
You can get a large plastic bin or tub & fill it with organic potting soil, that doesn't have any
chemicals or pesticides mixed with washed & sifted playsand or vermiculite, etc. Make it
around 10-12 inches deep enough to where she can make a burrow. You will need to keep it
wet so it will hold up in the case of digging a burrow but not sopping wet.
Definitely get the pictures of the x-rays if you can!

Tracie

AYandfamily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
Turbo is doing much better.
After administering antibiotics:
1st day only made clicking noises, no vomiting.
2nd day onwards no more noises, no vomiting.
I believe today is the 4th day.

Thanks for the tip with the soil and bin. I got Turbo last August off a breeder that used her for breeding. I have 2 beardie girls, I had Jenny for 2-3 years now? Never seen any eggs. Got to get that bin asap. They are always digging...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great Turbo is doing better right now. So she isn't vomiting now, thankfully?
Sometimes they don't lay eggs until later in life & some start laying eggs early. A lot of it has to
do with genetics.
Show pictures of the lay bin once you have it all set up.

Tracie

AYandfamily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
These are the pictures of the ultrasound which came from the vet.
It's been about a week since she's been on anitbiotics now. During the week, she had only made those clicking or gaping sounds on one of the days (I believe on the 4th day ). And no vomiting at all.

Attachments

• Image01.jpg
    Image01.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Image02.jpg
    Image02.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Image04.jpg
    Image04.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Image05.jpg
    Image05.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Image06.jpg
    Image06.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Image07.jpg
    Image07.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 43

AYandfamily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
Here is Turbo with the lay bin set up but I don't think she knows what it's for. She likes to dig inside the hide.

Attachments

• 1685115286266956566066085027961.jpg
    1685115286266956566066085027961.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 52

AYandfamily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
Hello,

That's great Turbo is doing better right now. So she isn't vomiting now, thankfully?
Sometimes they don't lay eggs until later in life & some start laying eggs early. A lot of it has to
do with genetics.
Show pictures of the lay bin once you have it all set up.

Tracie
What do you think of my lay bin set up? I think she is digging now but making a mess in the terrarium.

She's getting more and more active. In fact, I'm thinking of stop giving her antibiotics, as 21 days is quite a long time.

AYandfamily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
Actually, she's not just being active. She's glass surfing. So I cleaned out the tank and hope she feels better after.
Temps are 31-41c, humidity 30%.

AYandfamily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
She still wants to get out today. I think the substrate is too little. I theorize that she wants to find a spot with more soil to lay her eggs, so I will try to find a bigger container for her to do so.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizziefan
Top Bottom