Help strange patch on Bearded dragon? Don’t know what it is

Dragondog45

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
Hello I have a young bearded dragon named Bowser. She is around 10 months old and has a diet of crickets, mealworms and veggies. I usually keep her humidity low but recently the weather has made her cage humid above 40%. I am getting a dehumidifier to fix the issue. I have noticed this weird different color patch on her back and idk if it is shed or something I should be worried about? She is usually an orangeish brown and the patch is a light grayish color almost. She shed not long ago (about 2-3 weeks ago)so I’m worried whether she is sick.

Dragondog45

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
2CEC125D-9CED-4D38-8293-F6E771AB4581.jpeg
943B1E50-3E12-4C89-B8EF-2F94E6D7B156.jpeg

Here is a close up of her back and a bit of her leg. She still moves around, eats well and just pooped in her bath as well

Dragondog45

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
Looks like shed to me! You’ll find all kinds of weird shedding patterns on the site 😄 funny little creatures
Oh thank goodness that’s a relief. I’m fairly new to beardies so I was worried since I wasn’t sure if it was normal if they shed like this and after just a few weeks after her last shed. My anxiety made me think it was scale rot or something. 😮‍💨 Thank you so much for your help!

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Oh thank goodness that’s a relief. I’m fairly new to beardies so I was worried since I wasn’t sure if it was normal if they shed like this and after just a few weeks after her last shed. My anxiety made me think it was scale rot or something. 😮‍💨 Thank you so much for your help!
Any question/thoughts are welcome :D All for our beardies! Yeah she’s still growing so it’s normal for her to shed in patches still.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
yep. i agree it looks like shed. and as they get older, they shed less often, it's more patchy, and takes longer. you're not quite there yet at 10 months, more a heads up for the future.

Dragondog45

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bowser
yep. i agree it looks like shed. and as they get older, they shed less often, it's more patchy, and takes longer. you're not quite there yet at 10 months, more a heads up for the future.
Thank you so much for the help! I’m glad for the information as I want the best for my beardie and her well being

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yup definitely shed, welcome to the forum and feel free to ask about anything your unsure of. There is a lot of knowledgeable people here and everone is willing to assist with any questions you may have.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom