Help setting up my UVB hood

avalynnj12

Original Poster
Hello! My reptisun T5 HO terrarium hood came in today. It includes a 5.0 UVB hood. (I have a 20 gallon terrarium bc he is a juvenile and I plan to upgrade)The problem is that I have no idea how to set it up. My basking rock is 5 1/2 inches away from the hood, and in order to keep the temps at the right spot I don’t want to get a lower basking rock unless I absolutely have to. I have the thrive terrarium which has a hood that slides on and off. Am I able to just set the lighting hood on top of the mesh screen or will this be ineffective? I’ve had him for 2 weeks now and my kit came with a coil UVB which I know is bad for him, so I want to get this hood set up for him asap.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That will be about perfect actually. The 5.0 HO bulb is about equivalent to the 10.0 t8 bulb. So being 5 inches away from the basking spot while on the screen is actually about the ideal distance.
If you were to have the 10.0 HO bulb, you'd want it to be about 8 inches away on the screen, or 12 inches away if it was under the screen.

-Brandon

test2

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Google Sites is an amazing thing you can create free website as your own. look how I manage my site on Google Site
WearGlam USA
I need help my bearded dragon is acting strange when she eats its like she doesnt feel her tongue she walks in a very strange froggy way not like she used to
Looking for advice and recommendations!!
In this post, we've shared some fantastic Clothing brands. They Offer Wholesale Clothing in USA.
Carhartt Clothing Wholesale
76CF5E1C-3491-45C4-9FB9-823D755F2D65.jpeg
A funny photo of Tito to bless your feed(:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nacadez
Top Bottom