Help setting up my UVB hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalynnj12

Original Poster
Hello! My reptisun T5 HO terrarium hood came in today. It includes a 5.0 UVB hood. (I have a 20 gallon terrarium bc he is a juvenile and I plan to upgrade)The problem is that I have no idea how to set it up. My basking rock is 5 1/2 inches away from the hood, and in order to keep the temps at the right spot I don’t want to get a lower basking rock unless I absolutely have to. I have the thrive terrarium which has a hood that slides on and off. Am I able to just set the lighting hood on top of the mesh screen or will this be ineffective? I’ve had him for 2 weeks now and my kit came with a coil UVB which I know is bad for him, so I want to get this hood set up for him asap.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That will be about perfect actually. The 5.0 HO bulb is about equivalent to the 10.0 t8 bulb. So being 5 inches away from the basking spot while on the screen is actually about the ideal distance.
If you were to have the 10.0 HO bulb, you'd want it to be about 8 inches away on the screen, or 12 inches away if it was under the screen.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom