help selecting an enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

frieddan

Hi,

We have a beardie who's about a year old and 15" from nose to tail tip. It's (probably a little past) time to get him a larger enclosure, and we're trying to figure out the best option.

We we looking at 48"x18"x18" enclosures and were thinking we might want to go a but larger, making either the depth or height 24".

Certainly given our space, it would be easier to go to the 24" height than to get a deeper base for it, but the question is also which would be better for him, and how much of a difference does it make?

So the questions.

1. Are we overthinking this too much and the 48"x"18"x18" is just fine?
2. If not, is going with more height or more depth better?
3. And how much difference does that make?
4. Would any of these be a forever enclosure, or are we looking at another one in a year or two anyway?

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
A 65 gallon tank is fine - recommended a 75-120 gallon but go w/ what you can --- go here and look at this 120 gallon and see if this would be ok www.dubiaroaches.com -- is it just the size your thinking as far as financially or space wise for the house --- www.zenhabitats.com has nice tanks as well -- you also want a tank w/ front doors --

frieddan

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2kjab651 said:
A 65 gallon tank is fine - recommended a 75-120 gallon but go w/ what you can --- go here and look at this 120 gallon and see if this would be ok http://www.dubiaroaches.com -- is it just the size your thinking as far as financially or space wise for the house --- http://www.zenhabitats.com has nice tanks as well -- you also want a tank w/ front doors --

It's not really a question of price, I'm happy to buy the 85 gallon, but space could be an issue. That's why I'm weighing the question of greater depth vs greater height.

The Zen habitat's do look nice, we might do that to get the depth. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom