HELP! Possible tail rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThebeardieNacho

I just bought my first bearded dragon almost a week ago. She was shedding when I first got her. I’ve noticed her tail looking off. I believe it may have been injured or maybe another dragon bit her(I’m not sure of her past). Im worried she may have tail rot.

She’s very attentive, eating well, her temperatures are perfect, and she’s pooping regularly. I’ve been giving her baths and using a soft tooth brush to try and help her shed her tail.

Can someone please provide some advice? I’m obviously very new and I don’t want anything happening to my beardie.

Attachments

• 9E561257-25C2-43B1-A635-CEB1A045B7D8.jpeg
    9E561257-25C2-43B1-A635-CEB1A045B7D8.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 156

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just bought my first bearded dragon almost a week ago. She was shedding when I first got her. I’ve noticed her tail looking off. I believe it may have been injured or maybe another dragon bit her(I’m not sure of her past). Im worried she may have tail rot.

She’s very attentive, eating well, her temperatures are perfect, and she’s pooping regularly. I’ve been giving her baths and using a soft tooth brush to try and help her shed her tail.

Can someone please provide some advice? I’m obviously very new and I don’t want anything happening to my beardie.
To me it looks ok- no black no nips or pinches- her tail is going to shed when it's ready- let it do it's thing-

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I see a small crimp at the end, but that doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. The shed looks normal so I'd let that complete and then keep an eye on the very end of the tail and look for changes there. If it stays the same, then it's not likely anything to worry about.

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member

Hi this is exactly like when I bought my bearded dragon I was really worried about tail rot like you in your case it isn’t tail rot because it isn’t black and it is just shedding and I see a nip at the end and that can be normal as well my bearded dragon has one as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom