Help!!! Possible diarrhea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
Yes, just about 6 inches under. I'll try to get some bsfl, and I just got some veggies that were suggested as staples from the list you sent. Will all this help with his issues?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am hoping so ---- the poop does it have a smell that will drive your from the room? If it does it could be parasites --- if it does and you want a fecal done I would call your local reptile vet and ask about dropping a fecal off to be tested for parasites --- you can ask cost etc---- then go from there - the rock does it have different basking temps for him to sit or is it strictly 105??? If so I would get a log like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/all-living-things-gnarled-wood-reptile-ornament-14947.html?cgid=500116 that would give him different gradients to sit --- my little one loves this piece as well as my older one--- he will eventually outgrow his rock / cave too --
Karrie

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
His rock is generally around 100-107 depending on where on the rock the temperature is taken. It doesn't smell any worse than normal feces. I'll try the veggies and see how it goes from there.
The previous time we went to the nearby vet they charged $200 just for the visit and weren't even able to tell us what was wrong after 6 HOURS of waiting (they didn't even let me be with my lizard, Charlie, during that time OR while she was being examined, AND they didn't know what MBD was!!) and it would've costed almost $2k to get an x-ray and fecal test done. We found another vet about an hour away but she passed away the day before we were going to take her.
We don't even know what the vet an hour away is like and I'm really hoping we don't have to take Darwin.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is terrible --- they were not a reptile vet if they did not know what MBD was!!!!!! here is a website that Ellentomoligist posted https://arav.org/ it will bring up a good vet ---click on find a vet top right side in banner----- my guess the improper care from the male you rescued from was reasons why she died --- NO UVB for a year will do it and then all the other health issues that come from not having a good UVB --- if you haft to call this vet thats an hr away ask the person who answers how long they have been a reptile vet? Ask questions that you are concerned about ---- tell them your past experience w/ this last vet you visited and give Charlies history --- I found the vet I took Hiccup to this past March and I just looked up the find a vet here like last week to see if she was on there and sure enough she came up --- she was the only one that came up and there are a ton of vets where I live so --- and she is good -- a thing that you need to notice about a reptile vet is they need to ask you a ton of questions to what their lighting is in the tank to what they are eating to basking temps decor substrate I mean down to when they were born ---- they want the total life of the dragon ---- that is what my vet asked me she even wanted pics of his tank ---- she was thorough!!! Thats just a heads up for you ---- so he probably doesnt have parsites then -- what does his poop look like ? Runny? Well formed? dry looking ?
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, another case of a vet that robbed you and made things even worse besides wasting over 6 hours of your day. And 2k for xrays + a fecal ? Theis vet was trying to get more from you because your dragon does not need xrays. They are not even qualified to LOOK at a reptile. It would be good to put a review on their website for all to see. Anyway, try not to worry so much about the poo, and for now take your time to find a real reptile vet that has good reviews. Until then just be happy that he's healthy. He is not acting ill at all, many dragons have watery stools, it's just being well hydrated.

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
Yeah, I feel like if we tried the vet an hour away, we'd still have Charlie :( I honestly don't think that vet is qualified to look at /any/ animal, based on how much they charged for tests. I can't even imagine what they'd charge for treatment.
I think Darwin is fine, though. He's still eating really well. I offered him mustard greens and dandelion greens. He LOOOVED the mustard greens, far more than the dandelion greens, but he still ate both.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He is really fine , try not to worry so much and enjoy him ! One of the reasons for excess + wet poo is because he eats a lot greens which many babies don't do so that's pretty normal. Really, you have a healthy active dragon. :) Even if he DOES have some parasite it does not always make them sick, right now it's more important to take your time and find a vet with good reviews. Taking them to a bad vet is worse than no vet at all . You get ripped off and the dragon is not cured or gets worse. So try to relax, you're doing fine !

BTW, with the 10.0 t5 6" is too close, 10-14 " is recommended. It's also fine on top of the screen IF the screen is not the very small gauge. If it has larger holes then the light is fine on top as long as the basking area is within 10" or so. This type of screen here allows most of the uvb to pass through:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29868/full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom