Help plz

MiaB

Me and my Dragon were playing, he jumped on my face and cut my lip, my lip is now bleeding, I cleaned it with salt water, and I also bathed my dragon this morning for 10 minutes.
I am freaking out he has given me salmonella as he made me bleed a little on my lip.
Please help with genuine advice

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
It's highly unlikely he gave you salmonella. Although the possibility is there, it's there just from handling them. I've been bit, whipped, and scratched to the point of bleeding many many times in the years and years of owing reptiles and going out herping. You are still more likely to get salmonella going out to eat then from you dragon at least that's my experience. Never met a soul who's got salmonella from their reptiles but know a few who got it from food.

MiaB

Original Poster
Thank you for your response, he literally cut my lip with his nail. So I’m scared it had salmonella in, and now it’s inside my lip

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
About 70,000 people a year get salmonella from reptiles, compare that to the 142,000 cases a year from chicken eggs alone. Salmonella is the most common type of food poison in the world. Again, don't worry about it your chances are very very low.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My beardies literally sleep on my face, like Lobretto i have been bit, scratched, clawed, and cut open. I gave never been sick from it. I think you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning. (I actually have had that happen to me also lol, not a direct hit but enough to knock me out) You should be just fine.

MiaB

Original Poster
W
My beardies literally sleep on my face, like Lobretto i have been bit, scratched, clawed, and cut open. I gave never been sick from it. I think you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning. (I actually have had that happen to me also lol, not a direct hit but enough to knock me out) You should be just fine.
Wow, thanks for that reassurance. I’m sure if your baby lays on your face, I’ll be good then. Thabjs so much h

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Sleepy dragons lol

Attachments

• IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220716_172626.jpg
    20220716_172626.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 53

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom