help pls

My beardie is 10-11 months old. the past 2 weeks he hasn’t been himself, not coming out of his cool hide for 4 days, not basking, not pooping but still eating so i checked temps and things and have changed to a different heat bulb. i also re did his enclosure in case he was bored but now he still hasn’t pooped this will be day 10 and he hasn’t eaten in 2 days. i’m worried as im going on holiday for 10 days and my mum will be looking after him. vet has cleared him of parasites in march time. maybe it’s stress? or something else? if he isn’t better when i’m home i will take him to the vets but vet visits are stressful for him as he isn’t keen on being handled the vets really anxious

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
It could be that he's going into brumation. Could you please let us know of this weight, and which lights you are using, the temperatures?
(My dragon is 11 months old and brumating now for approx. a month.)

evil.omens

Original Poster
It could be that he's going into brumation. Could you please let us know of this weight, and which lights you are using, the temperatures?
(My dragon is 11 months old and brumating now for approx. a month.)
he has been more active now but still not basking much and refusing to eat or poop. he is only 207g. i use an arcadia 12% T5 a habitat 100W basking bulb and a plant light.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
he has been more active now but still not basking much and refusing to eat or poop. he is only 207g. i use an arcadia 12% T5 a habitat 100W basking bulb and a plant light.
a plant light? Is this a colored bulb? When did he eat last? What is his diet?

evil.omens

Original Poster
a plant light? Is this a colored bulb? When did he eat last? What is his diet?
he last ate 1 locusts yesterday that’s all he took. ate normally on saturday. no it’s just an LED bulb and that was in after these signs started to show. he eats bugs 6 times a week, dubia 3 times locusts 2 times and crickets 1 time. he isn’t great with eating salad but he’s getting better

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
he last ate 1 locusts yesterday that’s all he took. ate normally on saturday. no it’s just an LED bulb and that was in after these signs started to show. he eats bugs 6 times a week, dubia 3 times locusts 2 times and crickets 1 time. he isn’t great with eating salad but he’s getting better
Keep offering the salads - he needs to eat more salads - at 1 year he needs to go on staple insect 2-3 times per week salads everyday - you can use some bsfl as salad lures - drop on top of his salads first thing in the morning use like 25 or so they are a good staple feeder as well - you'll need a ceramic bowl w/ like a lip on it to keep the bsfl in

evil.omens

Original Poster
Keep offering the salads - he needs to eat more salads - at 1 year he needs to go on staple insect 2-3 times per week salads everyday - you can use some bsfl as salad lures - drop on top of his salads first thing in the morning use like 25 or so they are a good staple feeder as well - you'll need a ceramic bowl w/ like a lip on it to keep the bsfl in
thank you. yes i was trying to do that then noticed he was really skinny as for 11 months he only weighs 207 grams. i think he may be brumation or trying to so imma get him a vet visit when im back home

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
thank you. yes i was trying to do that then noticed he was really skinny as for 11 months he only weighs 207 grams. i think he may be brumation or trying to so imma get him a vet visit when im back home
Please post a pic of him and the tank-- he is too light of weight for brumation - what are the surface basking temps and how are you getting them? The uvb is placed where?

evil.omens

Original Poster
Please post a pic of him and the tank-- he is too light of weight for brumation - what are the surface basking temps and how are you getting them? The uvb is placed where?
pics attached. surface temps are about 26 on the concrete slab but the slate reaches about 36. UVB is placed diagonally over the basking spot. 45cm from the basking spot so about 42 cm from him when basking

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 27

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleGoth
Top Bottom