Help Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderfoos

I have a Beardie he's approximately 6 years old... a couple times last week I found him flat on his back on the floor of his tank. I immediately righted him, and he seemed fine. Lately he's been very listless and not eating. He sleeps all the time, but I do find him in different parts of his tank so I know he moves around. Not sure what the problem could be. I leave fresh greens every day, and mealworms. I haven't given him any crickets because the last time he showed no interest and they were crawling on him, so I removed them. Any ideas?

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
hi, sorry to hear about that scare. what kind of setup do you have him in? what brand lights, what are the temps during night and day.

mealworms arent a great sorce of nutrition for a bearded dragon. try phoenix worms, colony bred roaches(not wild), crickets and silkworms. if he doesnt like to chase his feeders try hand feeding him. all three of my dragons will take food from me if theyre feeling too lazy to chase it :roll: .

the flipping on the back thing sounds pretty serious, ill refer a moderator to this thread.

just try to elaborate as much as possible on your setup; tank size, light brand-names, wattages, thermometer type, temperatures... that way the moderator can troubleshoot without having to wait.

you might be experiencing brumation. have you seen this article? brumation is to reptiles what hibernation is to bears;

http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88391

he could just be slowing down with the changing seasons. then again, it could be something more serious. either way, try to answer all the questions so we can try to rule out one or the other.

i hope this helps alittle. ill check in tomorrow to see whats changed :wink: .

p.s. if you have a water dish in the tank, take it out. if he flips over in that hes done for :| .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom