KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi there and thanks for the info. The watt is 75. If I am remembering correctly, I had got him a bigger watt because the past watt (50-55) was not warming him up after being under it for 30 mins to an hour. Should I go back down? I have moved his light since (away from the rock so hes not closer to it)
Try the position first before adjusting wattage- but you need those digital probe thermometers - those are crucial -- once you get the surface basking temps then we will go from there

Ally1437

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I have been keeping up with his honey treatment and had spoken to a good friend of mine. He's been keeping reptiles for as long as I can remember and when I had told him about Zeus he suggested it was scale rot. His current beardie is going through the same issue and we both compared beardies and had thought it was scale rot. Let me know what you all think.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey everyone, I have been keeping up with his honey treatment and had spoken to a good friend of mine. He's been keeping reptiles for as long as I can remember and when I had told him about Zeus he suggested it was scale rot. His current beardie is going through the same issue and we both compared beardies and had thought it was scale rot. Let me know what you all think.
Lets see what AHBD thinks about that
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not scale rot but it is trauma. Scale rot is caused by a too damp environment and would affect the lower belly area that is in contact with the damp substrate. This is scale damage caused by [ possibly ] a burn.
Can you post a pic of your friend's dragon ?

Ally1437

Original Poster
Not scale rot but it is trauma. Scale rot is caused by a too damp environment and would affect the lower belly area that is in contact with the damp substrate. This is scale damage caused by [ possibly ] a burn.
Can you post a pic of your friend's dragon ?
I don't have a photo but I could try and ask. When he was explaining what was wrong with his beardie he mentioned a slight hole, I can't remember where exactly but I vaguely remember him saying that due to my shocked reaction.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom