Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhhihengg

Guys, I have an issue to worry about.

My witblits male of 10 months just mated with my female het witblits, the problem is she is really small. If I’m not mistaken 6-7 months. She’s around half his size.

It happened when I took them out of the tank to clean the tank and let them roam around my room. When I turn back they were locking already.

My question is will she lay?! And more importantly will she be okay?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
To answer both of your questions, maybe.

Her being so young, that will be really tough on her system. The deed might not have been completed but only time will tell.

Not much you can do now besides make sure she is eating well. And to try to prevent this from happening again in the future.

-Brandon

zhhihengg

Original Poster
Thanks a lot Brandon! Appreciate the advice, I’ll do my best to ensure she has sufficient food all available for her and proper care. Just worried cause she’s like really small. 15.5inches and small built.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just as Brandon said, it really depends on how healthy she is to begin with and now you'll need to give her as much food as she'll eat every day, no skimping at all. I once bought a pair of beardies from a pet store that were being housed together. A big 20" male and a little 14" female in the same tank. I could see her belly had lumps indicating fertile eggs. She laid them successfully and never batted an eye, she stayed healthy + grew but of course it's not an ideal situation at all [ like yours ] and should be avoided . Be aware that she may lay more than one clutch , possibly 2-3 from this one mating.

Can you post pics of her ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

zhhihengg

Original Poster
81100-7159123285.jpg
81100-3906273530.jpg
81100-2339695478.jpg

Hi there,

This is the picture of my male hypo trans witblits and the female hypo het witblits.

She seems his size but she's actually not.. her head is smaller as you guys can see and body as well.

On a brighter note, she's eating well, but doesn't really take vegetables. vegetables and proteins are readily available for her 24/7 in her tank.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's healthy looking and not as small as I pictured. :) She should have no trouble but you don't want her mating anymore this year.

zhhihengg

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I’ll keep a proper look out for her!

Will update on the progress.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom