Help please! Does anyone know what this is?

Sadie

Beardie name(s)
Lizzie
Sorry if this is kinda gross but as my bearded dragon was using the bathroom something was sticking out of her butt. It was red but within about 3 minutes it went back in on its own. I tried to look things up but I can’t find anything. I added a picture so you can see. Thanks

Attachments

• 11FB758D-55FE-41E7-9245-23A747313EB3.jpeg
    11FB758D-55FE-41E7-9245-23A747313EB3.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 266

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sorry if this is kinda gross but as my bearded dragon was using the bathroom something was sticking out of her butt. It was red but within about 3 minutes it went back in on its own. I tried to look things up but I can’t find anything. I added a picture so you can see. Thanks
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just a part of the rectal anatomy, if this was a male I'd think it was a hemipene. Sometimes this stuff happens when they push out the poo but as long as it went back in right away it's fine. Be sure to keep her well hydrated and feed veggies.

Sadie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizzie
Just a part of the rectal anatomy, if this was a male I'd think it was a hemipene. Sometimes this stuff happens when they push out the poo but as long as it went back in right away it's fine. Be sure to keep her well hydrated and feed veggies.
Ok, thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! If anything like that happens and it doesn't go back in [ a prolapse ] you can soak it in sugar water or apply honey to it. The sugar or honey cause it to shrink it so it can slip back in. If that doesn't work you'll have to keep it moist with honey and take her to a vet.

Sadie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizzie
You're welcome ! If anything like that happens and it doesn't go back in [ a prolapse ] you can soak it in sugar water or apply honey to it. The sugar or honey cause it to shrink it so it can slip back in. If that doesn't work you'll have to keep it moist with honey and take her to a vet.
Ok, I’ll definitely keep that in mind if that were to ever happen

Sadie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizzie
Are you sure your Beardie is female because they sure do look like hemipenes :)
Well the breeder I got her from said she was a female but I can’t really tell. So it looks like she’s a male? I haven’t had to bring her to the vet so I dont know for sure.

Last edited:

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
To check the gender, post a couple more pics with the tail arched higher in the air.
Like this:

Sadie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizzie
@AHBD I tried doing where you use a flashlight to check but I can’t tell

Attachments

• D78852C0-FA19-46B0-887C-F3388C9C12CC.jpeg
    D78852C0-FA19-46B0-887C-F3388C9C12CC.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 115

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Sorry if I missed it, but how old is the beardie? From what I see in your pic, I'd guess female.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Ok. Pretty sure that's female. Your picture shows the interior structure fairly well, so I think we can make reasonable conclusions from it.

Anyone disagree?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom