Help! Pinworms and Ivermectin

Suttonj20

Help! We took our first beardie to the vet this morning due to not eating and decreased activity level. Fecal results showed pinworms and they gave her a dose of ivermectin along with two syringes for us to give every two weeks. After getting home, I looked up the medication and now I’m FREAKING out. Any advice on what I should do now? Juniper is 8 months old and 278g. The dose given was 0.05mls. I’m kicking myself for not educating myself on meds before bringing her in.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Help! We took our first beardie to the vet this morning due to not eating and decreased activity level. Fecal results showed pinworms and they gave her a dose of ivermectin along with two syringes for us to give every two weeks. After getting home, I looked up the medication and now I’m FREAKING out. Any advice on what I should do now? Juniper is 8 months old and 278g. The dose given was 0.05mls. I’m kicking myself for not educating myself on meds before bringing her in.
Need Tracie to respond or ahbd
@Drache613
@AHBD

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing?
I would not give anymore Ivermectin to him. Do you have any activated charcoal? If so, I
highly recommend getting some into him. If you have parsley, cilantro, basil, mint or even
just a couple of those, chop them up, blend them, etc with water or diluted cranberry or
cherry juice to give to him to help detox his system.

Tracie

Suttonj20

Original Poster
Hello,

How is your boy doing?
I would not give anymore Ivermectin to him. Do you have any activated charcoal? If so, I
highly recommend getting some into him. If you have parsley, cilantro, basil, mint or even
just a couple of those, chop them up, blend them, etc with water or diluted cranberry or
cherry juice to give to him to help detox his system.

Tracie
So far she is good! She ate more yesterday than she has in quite a while and was more active. I’m keeping a close eye on her and plan on requesting Panacur to finish treating the pinworms rather than continuing with the Ivermectin. I’m just hoping she continues to be fine. It’s been 72 hours since her dose.

Jessica

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom