HELP MY BABY IS TWO DIFFERENT COLORS

Sunkissedrhea

Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
My beardie is eating good drinking good her stool is good shes active she shed last week but now she looks like this please help i dont know whats wrong she was fine when i left for work she was basking but when i got home she was like this please help heres a picture of her normal color vs what she looks like now

Attachments

• 5130B601-3801-4EBA-BD57-17E739CCE6F9.jpeg
    5130B601-3801-4EBA-BD57-17E739CCE6F9.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 664F9F1E-B986-416A-8E8D-C8F18E71476E.jpeg
    664F9F1E-B986-416A-8E8D-C8F18E71476E.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 110

Sandy's World

Beardie name(s)
Sandy
Will she shed again after shedding a week ago?
Baby beardies shed very often. When mine was a baby, she shedded every 5 days. So, I wouldn't be alarmed unless she starts to present concerning behaviors. Usually it means she is growing fast (which is good!) so she needs to shed more often.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
She's so cute! Very normal just shed.

Since you are new to owning her would you mind posting a pic of her lighting set-up? She should have a non-colored basking lamp, and a long "tube" UVB light (no coil UBVs). And the UVB bulb must be replaced every 6 months (so that she can keep digesting her calcium and growing bones). No red lamps and no light at night! If it gets cold at night you can always get a ceramic heating bulb (doesn't emit light), which is what I use in the winter.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I also have a baby/Juvenile so they shed a lot. Mine also has those colors as well but they don't show as much as yours🙂

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi

Since you are new to owning her would you mind posting a pic of her lighting set-up? She should have a non-colored basking lamp, and a long "tube" UVB light (no coil UBVs). And the UVB bulb must be replaced every 6 months (so that she can keep digesting her calcium and growing bones). No red lamps and no light at night! If it gets cold at night you can always get a ceramic heating bulb (doesn't emit light), which is what I use in the winter.

Yes she had a ceramic heating bulb right now im getting her a new bigger tank and more lighting tomorrow i work at a pet store and take care of them at work but i dont work that often to see them shed a lot

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
I also have a baby/Juvenile so they shed a lot. Mine also has those colors as well but they don't show as much as yours🙂
When i went to get one i told the guy i wanted the brightest chubbiest one and he gave me her and shes so healthy because my mother got a pacman frog and they gave her the smallest one turns out he was sick and wouldnt eat we brought him back and we found out he passed away i didnt want me and my mom to go through that again

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
Thats good to hear! What does she eat?
Lots of live crickets she has a dry mix with calcium in it which i spray down everyday so it stays soft enough for her and then she eats some apples here and there shes picky when it comes to stuff thats not alive i tried wax worms because thats what she was getting fed but since she had a taste of crickets she will not eat worms

Sandy's World

Beardie name(s)
Sandy
Lots of live crickets she has a dry mix with calcium in it which i spray down everyday so it stays soft enough for her and then she eats some apples here and there shes picky when it comes to stuff thats not alive i tried wax worms because thats what she was getting fed but since she had a taste of crickets she will not eat worms
Sounds good, are her insects coated in calcium/vitamins? And do you feed her salads?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom