Help!! My baby has a swollen and red leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyzombie9294

Original Poster
I do not have a hammock but wanted to get him one at some point. He did have a tall wooden structure that he jumped off and that is removed. Now, he just has his rock hide/basking rock, some fake tree leaves, and branches, and a few other little plant decor and rocks. I have removed everything he can jump off. I am using a 10.0 uvb coil by reptisun currently but am working toward a strip light by Arcadia. I was going to buy one this weekend but the stores are out of stock and so is online. I could buy the reptisun 14" at Pet Supplies plus but that comes with a 5.0 bulb and they don't sell it separate with just the hood.

Today, his bottom half of the leg is looking much better but, there is still swelling up on the shoulder area.

For food,
I do dust the BSFL in calcium plus by Rapashy then I feed veggies like mustard greens, kale, basil, etc along with red pepper, flower topping, chopped carrot, strawberry, and am trying to introduce him to blueberry.

His tank temps are typically between 104-115 on hot side with humidity from 14% to 40% and the cool side is typically in the 80's with humidity around 40% or lower.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok go here and order the 24 " fixture Arcadia Pro T 5 get the 12% bulb -- these people are fast and good and they ship Fed Ex -- please get the basking temps down to 105-110 -- 115 is too hot make sure your using a digital probe thermometer -- place on the spot he sits for basking---- please DO NOT DUST the BSFL they are calcium enriched -- I would add another staple feeder here soon like dubia roaches the BSFL are great for babies so I would think about getting another staple feeder here when he gets older --- please limit the fruit here is a website you can follow for salads etc
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder

Ladyzombie9294

Original Poster
I dust the BSFL because he won't eat his veggies unless I put them in there and I am worried if I just dust the veggies that he will not get enough calcium and vitamins. I tried dubias with him and he doesn't care for them at all. The lady also gave me too big of roaches though after I specifically told her I have a 2 month old and he needs the small and she only put two small ones in. I would personally love to try and get him into eating dubias so I can dust them and then put the BSLF in a separate bowl for him to have as well but without the dusting. He loves his bugs!

He pooped 3x today and twice yesterday so all normal there. My livng room is really hot and humid and on days when it's in the 90s is when his tank gets up to 115 but, right now it's 70ish out and his tank is 104 on the hot side. He seems to be in no pain and is doing great.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok dusting the BSFL is going to over calcium him--- dont worry about the veggies - place the BSFL on top of his salads -- w/ the new UVB coming the T 5 and the BSFL your going to be good on the calcium---- you can dust the BSFL w/ some vitamins w/ beta carotene -- 2 x per week - I would go on line and order some dubias from www.dubiaroaches.com these people are really good -- you can get him some small super worms too feed on his salads to lure him like the BSFL you can dust the supers feed 1-3-- that new UVB is going to help him absorb / synthesize the calcium hes getting --- let me know when you get it and I can help you place it in the tank

Ladyzombie9294

Original Poster
Thank you! I was just searching Josh's Frogs for roaches but shipping is so expensive! I appreciate the offer to help with the light. I am going to place it ontop of his terrarium where I have the other one.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Depending on the screen it may haft to go inside- screens can block 30% of those rays depending on the type- try dubiaroaches they are the cheapest I have found

Ladyzombie9294

Original Poster
They do? I have a glass terrarium, it can't be mounted inside.

I just placed an order online! Bought suoerworms, dubias, conditioned water, and a extra small leash

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes do you have a screen? If not the UVB can go width wise across the tank

Ladyzombie9294

Original Poster
I do have a screen. How do you place a light inside a glass enclosure though? I have the screen on because I am afraid of him getting out or bugs coming in my apartment and getting in. I get a lot of lady bugs where I live and stink bugs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How tall is the tank? 18"? I have things I can post for you to hang inside the tank -- show me the screen from above

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok your going to need to upgrade the tank real soon --- the Pro T 5 will need to sit width wise on the tank - so place the T 5 at the end of the tank w/ your screen butted up to it w/ the basking bulb next to it --- the distance for the UVB will need to be 12-15 inches so make sure your basking decor piece is directly under it w/ a distance of 12 -15 inches -- you may haft to get a lower decor piece for the UVB - you dont want it any closer as the bulb is going to be too strong -

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so set it up the way I posted -- hes going to do alot better w/ that UVB you have coming ---

Ladyzombie9294

Original Poster
Will do! My boyfriend has a 40 gallon tank he said I can have. I was using the 20 gallon for now while he's still really small. Would a 40 gallon be too much for him right now if I have my boyfriend bring his tank this weekend or is it okay to wait until Kita is a little bit bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom