• January Photo Competition - Most Goofball Beardie!
    Voting Now Open!

    Submissions have been received and voting is now open! Vote for your favorite goofball beardie by "Liking" them. You may vote for more than one. Voting closes on January 30th.
    Tip: On mobile, turn phone horizontal to be able to tap the "<<" for media info and "Like" option.

Help, mold grew on my DIY enclosure

Boga77

New member
I was making an enclosure from a used entertainment center, painted it and left it outside to dry. It stormed the entire night and by the time I got it inside the wood was wet. We used fans, I wiped it down with bleach, but it still grew mold. Is this a lost cause? Friends are asking if I can sand it and spray it down with something to kill the mold. I’m terrified of making my beardie sick. I’ve put a lot of time and effort into the project and would love to save it but of course my beardies health comes first.
 

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moderator
I would spray it down with bleach to kill the mold then let it dry again. You will probably want to sand it again anyways because once wood is wet and dries the pores and grain rise and fall and can make the surface uneven.

-Brandon
 
Top Bottom