HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerl19

:cry: SOMEONE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY BEARDIE IS DIEING! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. HE IS 6 INCHES AND I THOUGHT HE WAS HEALTHY! HE LOOKS DEAD. I WAS GIVING HIM A BATH AS USUAL AND HE PUT HIS MOUTH IN THE WATER TO DRINK AND THEN WAS FINE AND IT LOOKS LIKE HE JUST FELL ASLEEP. NOW HE US CONVILGING AND THROWING UP!!! HE CONVILGES OPENS HIS MOUTH REALLY WIDE THEN TRYS TO THROW UP THEN JUST LOOKS DEAD AGAIN :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: WHAT THE HELL???????????????? HE IS LYING MOTIONLESS ON THE FLOOR OF HIS TANK! I NOTICED HE THREW UP ONCE ALREADY TODAY

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT DDOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIII DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO????????

SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
I am sorry to hear about your beardie.Has he stopped vomitting yet?It is possible he was dehydrated and took in too much water at once or even aspirated some into his lungs.The other possibility is that he may be impacted.When was his last poop?What are the temps in his tank and how are you measuring them?Wat type of UVB are you using?How old is it and how close can he get to it?

tylerl19

Original Poster
He poops fine and his temps are between 99-111 (lowest to highest they have ever been) and he has a 10.0 uvb bulb and he can get about...6-7 inches away from it. he drinks regurlarly from a water dropper and likes it so i have never had a problem with him drinking. i gave him some meal worms and calci worms this morning. he wont eat anything else

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
One more question,what did you bathe him in?Is there a chance of cleaning chemicals or something else being in the water or basin?
tylerl19":0020f said:
He poops fine and his temps are between 99-111 (lowest to highest they have ever been) and he has a 10.0 uvb bulb and he can get about...6-7 inches away from it. he drinks regurlarly from a water dropper and likes it so i have never had a problem with him drinking. i gave him some meal worms and calci worms this morning. he wont eat anything else
Ok has he pooped since eating the mealworms?Mealworms carry a very big impaction risk and this may be the issue.Do you feel any strange lumps in his belly?Just drinking the water isnt the issue but if e got some in his lungs that would cause some pretty violent throwing/coughing up also.How are you measuring those temps?Do you mean thats the basking temp or the total tank air temp?Which 10.0 UVB do you have?Brand?Linear,coil or compact?

tylerl19

Original Poster
i use a digital thermomiter and those are his basking temps, he has a repti sun 10.0 flourescent strip

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...has he recovered yet? Tap on the side of his chest & on the top between his shoulder blades to help loosen the congestion...gently with one or 2 fingers.

Keep us informed
Good luck
Patsy

tylerl19

Original Poster
well he isnt dead. i put my sweatshirt in the dryer and while i did he came to and opened his eyes and started basking again so i went and got my warm sweatshirt out of the dryer and wrapped him up in the sleeve and he fell asleep so i think he is fine. i just dont know what made him do that, it scared me to death. i hope its nothing i did wrong :banghead: but i am never giving him meal worms again.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh my goodness what complete and utter horror for you to see your little dear one like this!
how is he/she?
everything ok?

i remember my little guy getting some liquid in his lungs he was coughing like mad looked real lethargic, was looking like he was dying then he kinda perked up a bit then started basking! little devils, they really do know how to scare us
hope everythings ok

tylerl19

Original Poster
this is him sleeping in my sweatshirt as we speak

2nvxhc6.jpg

Pleaides

Juvie Member
AWWWWWWWWWWWW such an adorable pic!
sorry i cant be of any help please do keep us updated on your little one
:D

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...so glad he is better.

Could you please answer the questions from above. It is really important to get his temps & UVB right. You said you have a digital thermometer...does it have a probe on the end of a wire?
Do you leave the probe on his basking spot 45 minutes, so you can get an accurate temp?
The basking temp should be 95-110. The cool end should be 75-80.
What is the watts of the heat bulb?
Is your UVB a long fluorescent tube or a coil?
What do you have for substrate on the floor?

These questions are to help you be sure your set up is OK.
Good luck
Patsy

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry you had some trouble. Definitely answer the rest of the questions.
It does sound like though, that he got some water in his lungs by drinking the wrong way perhaps. Sometimes, that happens.
Keep him a little extra warm at night for a few nights, to ensure he doesn't get a respiratory infection. Also, if you feel that he could still be having some trouble breathing, you can place him on a slight decline slant while he is sleeping to help any excess fluid drain out of his lungs.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

tylerl19

Original Poster
Do you leave the probe on his basking spot 45 minutes, so you can get an accurate temp? yes, it is there constantly, i never take it out ( yes its a probe on a wire with a digital read out.

The basking temp should be 95-110. The cool end should be 75-80. they are

What is the watts of the heat bulb?right now its 75

Is your UVB a long fluorescent tube or a coil? long tube ( as i said ) i know coil bulbs are bad

What do you have for substrate on the floor? repti carpet.

I know my temps are right and so is my setup, i dont doubt that. I know a lot about my leopard geckos and beardie. I work at a pet store ( HAHA NOT CHAINNN) locally owned and we take amazing care of our animals, so i was asking for advice but I know my setup is correct.

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Congratulations!!!! Put it in a baggie & put it in the fridge til you take it to the vet tomorrow.

Good that you have a correct set up. Alot of owners think theirs is right but it really isn't, so I was just checking.
Good luck
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom