Help me find an easy to climb basking spot/ perch.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Maya's basking spots are neck pillows, sheets, homemade cushions, and pillowcases. I created a special needs tank out of what I had available in the house at the time and funds are short since I used the majority of the funds I had in savings for vet visits.

He had a problem with his toe nails because they were quite long and the quick was causing him pain. I have since filed his nails and he can now walk with out staggering or falling to the side. He just started to regain his strength in his front legs. (That's where the issues were most noticeable. Day by day, I know this isn't right to have the soft items in his tank. I want to give him the opportunity to be able to 'strengthen his front legs and even his back legs.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what basking platforms to use? I cannot find a lot here.
The tank is on tray tables. I don't know how much weight they can handle. I also am planning to buy a desk for him once I get the money.
I have a fabric hammock. That can be used too. But, I heard some information that Hammocks aren't that good as a basking spot platform.

Attachments

• mymy.jpg
    mymy.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 83

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
hammocks are fine for basking spots. the main issue with them is when people try to get temps off them with an IR gun because the gun can't read off them correctly. if you're using digital probe thermometers, there should be no problem. getting the right temp at that spot is what is important. since yours is fabric, you don't have to worry about the second issue for hammocks, which is toes getting caught in them.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hammocks are fine for basking spots. the main issue with them is when people try to get temps off them with an IR gun because the gun can't read off them correctly. if you're using digital probe thermometers, there should be no problem. getting the right temp at that spot is what is important. since yours is fabric, you don't have to worry about the second issue for hammocks, which is toes getting caught in them.
I'll go searching for them. I have them in a storage box next to his tank. He'll be able to use them without his nails getting stuck. I'm sure he'll like hanging off them or clinging to the sides. I sewed them myself by hand. So, anything I do, he loves. :)

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Maya's basking spots are neck pillows, sheets, homemade cushions, and pillowcases. I created a special needs tank out of what I had available in the house at the time and funds are short since I used the majority of the funds I had in savings for vet visits.

He had a problem with his toe nails because they were quite long and the quick was causing him pain. I have since filed his nails and he can now walk with out staggering or falling to the side. He just started to regain his strength in his front legs. (That's where the issues were most noticeable. Day by day, I know this isn't right to have the soft items in his tank. I want to give him the opportunity to be able to 'strengthen his front legs and even his back legs.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what basking platforms to use? I cannot find a lot here.
The tank is on tray tables. I don't know how much weight they can handle. I also am planning to buy a desk for him once I get the money.
I have a fabric hammock. That can be used too. But, I heard some information that Hammocks aren't that good as a basking spot platform.
This is a website that has recommended decor 14 Bearded Dragon Accessories & Decorations that your Beardie Will Love

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom