Help! Larvae, or some kind of infestation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Hi all, been a while since I've posted on here.

My mom brought my home a container of horn worms from the Petland by me, and since they usually come with little poop pellets, I don't think she noticed anything weird about all the little things clinging to the sides of the container...

These are what I found on there. Sorry, they're the best quality pictures I could get as they're super small:

HRTQ0qs.jpg

mg2K42V.jpg

nvA7fIK.jpg

f08vCFA.jpg

Should we bring these back ASAP? I thought it could be some kind of infestation, but upon a Google search, it looks like they could be larvae... in which case, I have a ton of future feeders on my hand!

We called and the guy said they should be fine, but my experience with pet stores isn't a good one, and I'm not about to take his word for it.

Please let me know!

hiTimothy

In my experience, those look like fruit fly larve/eggs. I've had them infest my superworm colony before when it was humid and there was fresh food around

Don't take my word entirely! The pictures just look very similar to what I've seen before, though I could be completely wrong. Hornworm babies generally don't look like that though

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No, I was hoping they were larvae so I'd have a colony of hornworms on my hands lol! But I just returned them and got my money back and bought fresh ones. Not messing with that crap. :puke:

unkempt1

Juvie Member
I've been fighting through a nasty case of fruit flies, and their larvae/eggs look just like that. You did the right thing, and may have dodged a bullet because they are a pain to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom