Help is this a urate plug?

dogndragonmom

Photo Comp Winner
Poor cheech hasn't had a BM in about 10-12 days. He has also been choosing to not basking as much and lay under his hide or under a rock. He is eating ok...bugs mostly more vigorously.. Greens have always been hard to get him to eat.

After this shot out of him, he was more active and finally basked for a bit.

I have water in his enclosure but never see him drink. I do syringe water into his mouth once a week.

He is in a 4x2x2 Zen with 100w basking and Reptisun t5 10.0 . He's about 3-4 years old.
His temps are basking 100-102 and cool side 77-80. He gets discoids, crickets, mealworms, bsfl and supers as a treat. He always has a fresh salad in his enclosure.

Attachments

• 20220727_132841.jpg
    20220727_132841.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 338

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Don't use anything to squirt water directly into his mouth, you could aspirate him. Instead drop it on his nose and let it seep in until her starts to drink. It usually takes a few minutes to get them started lapping at it. If he won't then you can add in just a little none citrus fruit punch to give it flavor.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That would be a hard urate there but not a sperm plug. The sperm plugs are smaller & a slightly
different color.
He is a little cutie. How many bugs do you feed him weekly? The urates look a bit hard so he might
be a little dehydrated. You can use a dropper to drip it onto his nose, as suggested. What type of
supplementation does he get?

Tracie

dogndragonmom

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Don't use anything to squirt water directly into his mouth, you could aspirate him. Instead drop it on his nose and let it seep in until her starts to drink. It usually takes a few minutes to get them started lapping at it. If he won't then you can add in just a little none citrus fruit punch to give it flavor.
Hello....that's actually what I do....I just worded it wrong in my question.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I have more faith in people than my post probably imply, but i always kindda state the obvious just in case. If i keep one beardie from being accidentally injured then I'm willing to keep apologizing :)

dogndragonmom

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Hello,

That would be a hard urate there but not a sperm plug. The sperm plugs are smaller & a slightly
different color.
He is a little cutie. How many bugs do you feed him weekly? The urates look a bit hard so he might
be a little dehydrated. You can use a dropper to drip it onto his nose, as suggested. What type of
supplementation does he get?

Tracie
Yes....I was not concerned with a sperm plug....I was asking if this us a urate plug? Thank you

dogndragonmom

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
I have more faith in people than my post probably imply, but i always kindda state the obvious just in case. If i keep one beardie from being accidentally injured then I'm willing to keep apologizing :)
No worries.....I'm the same way too. Better to offer any sound advice than not. Thank you

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH sorry! I mis read that. I wouldn't really call that a urate plug but guess it could be
classified as that if it was hard enough.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
This is helpful. I heard the part about the nose before but I thought it was to help them drink. I don't squirt water in Rocky's mouth but I have dropped it on her nose and then I've dropped on her tongue once when she opened up. This is sooooooooooo good to know. Thanks. To date Rocky will go to the dish and take a random lap or sneak a sip during bath time.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom