HELP! I OVER FED MY DAUGHTERS BEARDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdmd8105

82684-4956033244.jpg
82684-4860023842.jpg
We bought Gizmo back in the end ofJanuary 2015 for My daughters Birthday. We were told that he and the others at Petland were around 6-8 weeks old. Well that would put him @ only about 6 months old.

Anyways, I bought large crickets yesterday along with Superworms (the ignorant new girl and the Manager in Charge) told me that we should switch to super worms. What a mistake ! All I gave him was 5 crickets and 3 worms.......well...... He is so bloated..... He looks like he could pop.
A friend of mine told me to stick a shallow container of warm water to help him digest and possibly poop. That was 1.5 hours ago....... Feeling like a horrible mother.
That's it.... I am staying up with him........ If he dies, my daughter will never forgive me.

Gail

BD.org Addict
He should be fine. He won't pop from eating too much and I see no reason why he would die. How long is he? My 12" beardie can easily eat 4-5 superworms at one sitting.
I wouldn't bother with the water tonight but tomorrow you can give him a bath to encourage him to go potty.

Jdmd8105

Original Poster
Actually, I did already have the water in there as you can see and I franticly kept changing out the water to warmer once it got a bit too chill. After the 5th time of swapping water little Gizmo, who is maybe 8-9 inches with tail, gave me this cute little look of " okay, mom ready........and relieved himself for the first time since last night......whew......then he basically thanked me with a wink" Lol. I jumped for joy!!!!!!

Gail

BD.org Addict
He is a little small for superworms, I would hold off on feeding them again until he is bigger. Glad everything turned out ok.

Jdmd8105

Original Poster
Thank you so much for all of your help. I'm going to give the super worms to the little girl down the street For her beardy...... He is like 12 1/2 inches.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news he finally went to the bathroom!
I agree, I would wait a little bit longer on the superworms. I would also double check the size of the crickets, to be sure they are no larger than the space between his eyes to avoid impaction.
How is he doing today, has he been basking normally?

Tracie

Jdmd8105

Original Poster
I am so happy to report that SHE is doing great....Yes,you heard me right I have been doing my reading and figured out that not only is our little gizmo NOT a male, but that SHE is in fact a female. :D We renamed her Baby. Her and I have a closeness now..... It's so cute. It's as if she knows I stayed up and did all I could for her.
She is Basking normaly. I gave her Wet Romaine lettuce yesterday afternoon and she ate half the serving and finished it this morning. I put more romaine today. It seems to be cleaning out her system. I have Crickets, but am not sure if I should feed them today or tomorrow. Any suggestions?

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
Jdmd8105":2uaefm22 said:
I am so happy to report that SHE is doing great....Yes,you heard me right I have been doing my reading and figured out that not only is our little gizmo NOT a male, but that SHE is in fact a female. :D We renamed her Baby. Her and I have a closeness now..... It's so cute. It's as if she knows I stayed up and did all I could for her.
She is Basking normaly. I gave her Wet Romaine lettuce yesterday afternoon and she ate half the serving and finished it this morning. I put more romaine today. It seems to be cleaning out her system. I have Crickets, but am not sure if I should feed them today or tomorrow. Any suggestions?
you should feed her crickets everyday. You could also try getting some phoenix worms from www.phoenixworm.com They are a very, very good feeder and Beardies love them! She is still very young and should be getting lots of protein! Salad is also very good to be feeding everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom