Help! I have no idea what this is on his nose.

Lilly H

Original Poster
I have no idea what this is on his nose, it's been like this for a while, and I thought it would go away. I was wrong. He isn't doing good. I am not sure what to do, I wanted to ask on here before I took him to the vet.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
The poster isn’t being chastised,I understand if she was in the hospital but someone should’ve taken the animal to the vets.It’s in an awful state which would’ve been a long and painful process.As an owner you take that responsibility on when buying an animal to provide vet care if needed for it,anyone should have money aside or savings for that type of situation or emergency.It’s obvious it needs to go to the vets and shouldn’t of been allowed to get to this point in any circumstances.Yes it’s probably upsetting for the owner but I guarantee it’s 100% more upsetting for the animal.
Not debating that the animal is in distress but the owner who I assume was the primary caregiver stated she was in the hospital for 7-8mo. Her mother who stepped in to care of it may not have known this was an issue or the severity. As a parent I’m sure her mother’s main focus was the health and well being of her child. She (owner) may still not be at full capacity to provide or care for beardie because of her own sickness. Which is why she came here. In regards to the comment about a savings/money set to side. Whose to say they did/didn’t have one? Something may have happened as a result of what was going on that those funds had to used. It’s called life…things happen. But you clearly said you didn’t care if you offended anyone so just make her feel worse than what she prolly already does…..right? Naw not me. I love my beardies with everything but after the seeing the pictures i didn’t just come on here and make her feel bad it. And it’s not just post specifically but there have been pics and post that I read and may have felt some way based off how I love and care for mines. But I don’t post it. Goes back to what i was taught as kid “if you don’t have nothing good to say, don’t say nothing at all.” Either way I hope the owner feel like she can come back and ask questions she need answers to in the future without being afraid of possibly being judged or attacked. I feel some type of way for her and wouldn’t blame her if she didn’t feel comfortable asking questions in the future.

Jessss

Not debating that the animal is in distress but the owner who I assume was the primary caregiver stated she was in the hospital for 7-8mo. Her mother who stepped in to care of it may not have known this was an issue or the severity. As a parent I’m sure her mother’s main focus was the health and well being of her child. She (owner) may still not be at full capacity to provide or care for beardie because of her own sickness. Which is why she came here. In regards to the comment about a savings/money set to side. Whose to say they did/didn’t have one? Something may have happened as a result of what was going on that those funds had to used. It’s called life…things happen. But you clearly said you didn’t care if you offended anyone so just make her feel worse than what she prolly already does…..right? Naw not me. I love my beardies with everything but after the seeing the pictures i didn’t just come on here and make her feel bad it. And it’s not just post specifically but there have been pics and post that I read and may have felt some way based off how I love and care for mines. But I don’t post it. Goes back to what i was taught as kid “if you don’t have nothing good to say, don’t say nothing at all.” Either way I hope the owner feel like she can come back and ask questions she need answers to in the future without being afraid of possibly being judged or attacked. I feel some type of way for her and wouldn’t blame her if she didn’t feel comfortable asking questions in the future.
No I couldn’t care if offend because it’s the truth,she stated she knew something was wrong originally so it’s been left to get to this extent.Regardless of personal situations, I don’t think it’s fair to give that as an reason as to why he’s been left in that condition.I won’t debate with you over this anymore either,op knows it needs a vets now.I understand completely that there was a personal issue with health but what I am saying is this is something that’s been left for a very long time,wouldn’t of happened over night.It would’ve been obvious it needed a vets months ago but hasn’t been seen.It wasn’t directed at the person posting it’s directed at whoever has been caring for the animal and didn’t get it checked.I hope you can see where im coming from,the same as I can see where you’re coming from.I hope he gets seen by a vet and gets help as soon as possible!

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
No I couldn’t care if offend because it’s the truth,she stated she knew something was wrong originally so it’s been left to get to this extent.Regardless of personal situations, I don’t think it’s fair to give that as an reason as to why he’s been left in that condition.I won’t debate with you over this anymore either,op knows it needs a vets now.I understand completely that there was a personal issue with health but what I am saying is this is something that’s been left for a very long time,wouldn’t of happened over night.It would’ve been obvious it needed a vets months ago but hasn’t been seen.It wasn’t directed at the person posting it’s directed at whoever has been caring for the animal and didn’t get it checked.I hope you can see where im coming from,the same as I can see where you’re coming from.I hope he gets seen by a vet and gets help as soon as possible!
It’s not about going back and forth my point is it’s the delivery especially when no one knows the circumstances. What she said was she 1st noticed when she came home in Feb. Although she came home she may didn’t realize the true extent of how bad it really was or she could have still been ill to where she couldn’t care for him. Her mother who may’ve never handled or cared for him so didn’t know the true extent of how bad it was. I feel like although her mother tried her best to care for the beardie her main focus had to be her daughter. Another example of my point is my mother has cancer. While I love my beardies with all of me to the point my husband reminds me that there not human. My mother is and will be main priority. Would I neglect them? No. I have a couple of neighbors that have fallen in love with them. And although the love them doesn’t mean they know how to care for them. So if I had someone looking after them when the time come for me to be with my mom I can’t be mad because they didn’t know all the things that I do. Just because I tell them things doesn’t mean they would remember it all either. I can’t tell you to go in the kitchen and bake a cake like me if you never baked a cake before. It might still rise and come out ok but still won’t necessarily be like mines. I never disputed what you were saying it was more so the delivery. We don’t know what they have been/are going through. Like I said as a community we should direct them towards the right next steps.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let's try to focus on getting some care & help to the OP. Unfortunately, sometimes life
doesn't go as planned. Emotions get the best of us I realize....so we need to help her
dragon as much as possible.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom