Help! I have no idea what this is on his nose.

Lilly H

Original Poster
I have no idea what this is on his nose, it's been like this for a while, and I thought it would go away. I was wrong. He isn't doing good. I am not sure what to do, I wanted to ask on here before I took him to the vet.

Lilly H

Original Poster
I have no idea what this is on his nose, it's been like this for a while, and I thought it would go away. I was wrong. He isn't doing good. I am not sure what to do, I wanted to ask on here before I took him to the vet.
20220602_185238.jpg
20220602_185238.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get him into a vet as soon as you can+ www.arav.org
If you live in a small area type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you+ please get some raw unpasteurized honey on it please no crickets in the tank they will go straight to the mouth - please go over your uvb your using please no coils
Flagging to others that can help
@AHBD
@Drache613

Jessss

He needs a vet asap! Poor boy 😞please get him seen by a vet,this will not go away by itself and he’ll be in a lot of pain and discomfort.I understand you wanted to get opinions on here but he clearly needs a vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, that is extremely serious. A combination of a rostral injury & mouth rot/infection.
He needs immediate medical attention. If he bangs his snout on his glass tank, then it is
highly likely he injured it repeatedly over time & it has damaged it to the point of infection.
As suggested, raw honey can help with infection. I don't think it's fungal but that should be
addressed as well.
For now, try to keep him warmer overnight, around 75-80F to help boost his system right now.

Let us know if you are able to get him to a vet. If at all possible, try to get him in quickly.

Tracie

Jessss

I don’t want to sound horrible but how has this been allowed to get this bad? That poor animal is in a lot of pain and has been for months.At this point I don’t even care if I offend anyone,you have left it to the point it’s got this bad.Just think about the pain he’s been in for weeks.

I can’t even put into words how awful this has made me feel seeing this 😞 get him to a vet so they can help him or at least end his suffering! That poor baby.
I get we shouldn’t judge or moan at someone but this is more than someone not knowing about beardies.Anyone with a set of eyes can see he needs help!

Lilly H

Original Poster
I don’t want to sound horrible but how has this been allowed to get this bad? That poor animal is in a lot of pain and has been for months.At this point I don’t even care if I offend anyone,you have left it to the point it’s got this bad.Just think about the pain he’s been in for weeks.

I can’t even put into words how awful this has made me feel seeing this 😞 get him to a vet so they can help him or at least end his suffering! That poor baby.
I get we shouldn’t judge or moan at someone but this is more than someone not knowing about beardies.Anyone with a set of eyes can see he needs help!
I know that I should have taken him to the vet sooner, but I have been in the hospital for a while and got out a couple months ago, my mom was taking care of him... I would have taken him to the vet if I wasn't in the hospital.

Lilly H

Original Poster
Did he maybe burn it and how long has it been there?
I'm not sure exactly how he got it or exactly how long it has been there. My mom was taking care of him when I was in the hospital... but I was in the hospital for at least 7-8 months and I've been home since about February... so maybe a year?

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa

While I get where your coming from your from we don’t know know their circumstances. She made have thought it would get better over time or even that it was possibly shed. Not only that every one is not in the position to afford a vet. I right now being one of them. I make every effort to make sure I’m doing everything right so that my babies won’t need to go. When my oldest needed to go I was able to take him. If something happened right now I would be stressed to nine because I know right now I simply can’t afford it. I’m sure she is already feeling bad because her beardie is in distressed so as a community we need to be supportive and direct her in the right path to get her beardie back to good health. At the same time we also don’t want to discourage her or anyone else reading this to be afraid of posting there issues in fear that they will be chastised.

Jessss

While I get where your coming from your from we don’t know know their circumstances. She made have thought it would get better over time or even that it was possibly shed. Not only that every one is not in the position to afford a vet. I right now being one of them. I make every effort to make sure I’m doing everything right so that my babies won’t need to go. When my oldest needed to go I was able to take him. If something happened right now I would be stressed to nine because I know right now I simply can’t afford it. I’m sure she is already feeling bad because her beardie is in distressed so as a community we need to be supportive and direct her in the right path to get her beardie back to good health. At the same time we also don’t want to discourage her or anyone else reading this to be afraid of posting there issues in fear that they will be chastised.
The poster isn’t being chastised,I understand if she was in the hospital but someone should’ve taken the animal to the vets.It’s in an awful state which would’ve been a long and painful process.As an owner you take that responsibility on when buying an animal to provide vet care if needed for it,anyone should have money aside or savings for that type of situation or emergency.It’s obvious it needs to go to the vets and shouldn’t of been allowed to get to this point in any circumstances.Yes it’s probably upsetting for the owner but I guarantee it’s 100% more upsetting for the animal.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom