Help! I’m not sure what’s wrong with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! I don’t know what’s going on with my bearded dragon. Every time I come home from work or wake up in the morning he is hiding or in his cave. I do not notice him basking that often and I have noticed a little loss an appetite. He seems pretty small. Today I found him wrapped up in his plastic vines. I dropped worms in and he did not react I went to pick him up and he didn’t even flinch at my hand and when I picked him up and got him out of the leaves and sat him down he sort of just stood there almost stunned and did not eat the worms. what do I do?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening? As requested, we can help much better with a little more information
on your tank setup, etc & if you do have pictures, that would be great, too.
How old is he? Is his beard dark at all?

Tracie

Gyrffinthedragon

Original Poster
What are the temps and UVB?
So sorry I’ve been very busy with work. Baskin spot was at 110°F and cool side was 75°F I have since gotten a lower watt basking bulb. (75w) I had 100w. He is constantly hiding from the light or the new puppy. I’m not sure which or if he has parasites or an infection. He has UVB it’s T5 10.0 from reptisun. Humidity stays at 30%

Gyrffinthedragon

Original Poster
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening? As requested, we can help much better with a little more information
on your tank setup, etc & if you do have pictures, that would be great, too.
How old is he? Is his beard dark at all?

Tracie
We think he is about 8 months old. I got him from a pet store. I know shame on me I didn’t research enough. He was 4-5 months we get got hin in November. He is about 13-15 inches long. Kinda slinder but I feed him 15-20 crickets in the morning and he has a salad with super worms during the day. We recently got a new puppy and he hasn’t displayed aggressive behaviors towards any of my dogs. I have seen him wave but the puppy wasn’t near. It was just me. I have a camera on him on the days I work at about 5:45AM he will eat and bask for a little bit and then come down for his salad at about 8am and then he goes into his hide from then on all the way until the lights go out some days unless I get him out. But when i do and the dogs are away he doesn’t seem lethargic he will explore my room and turn really bright orange. I have only seen his beard turn black one time but that was because I moved to grab him too fast from above. Here are some pictures of his set up. I’m currently trying to save for a 120 gal with maybe a tile floor. I can’t decide for that or a loose substrate because everyone tells me something different.

PS : The last picture is most recent. I added the picture backing so it’s not glass all around…
DF92EE42-8B37-4CB6-BB75-A40D4BDC013B.jpeg
EE6C8A0B-3D11-4524-A034-FCC312E226A4.jpeg
0C9FFA76-1518-4952-9FFB-858956E5085F.jpeg
F1CB854A-6726-4088-90F4-E88C4DC65AB9.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We think he is about 8 months old. I got him from a pet store. I know shame on me I didn’t research enough. He was 4-5 months we get got hin in November. He is about 13-15 inches long. Kinda slinder but I feed him 15-20 crickets in the morning and he has a salad with super worms during the day. We recently got a new puppy and he hasn’t displayed aggressive behaviors towards any of my dogs. I have seen him wave but the puppy wasn’t near. It was just me. I have a camera on him on the days I work at about 5:45AM he will eat and bask for a little bit and then come down for his salad at about 8am and then he goes into his hide from then on all the way until the lights go out some days unless I get him out. But when i do and the dogs are away he doesn’t seem lethargic he will explore my room and turn really bright orange. I have only seen his beard turn black one time but that was because I moved to grab him too fast from above. Here are some pictures of his set up. I’m currently trying to save for a 120 gal with maybe a tile floor. I can’t decide for that or a loose substrate because everyone tells me something different.

PS : The last picture is most recent. I added the picture backing so it’s not glass all around…
View attachment 68675 View attachment 68676 View attachment 68677 View attachment 68678
Please get 2 digital probe thermometers- stick ons are not good for surface basking temps you want surface temps - your dragon needs to be able to get directly under the uvb-- is the uvb inside the tank? If so distance should be 12- 15 inches

Gyrffinthedragon

Original Poster
Please get 2 digital probe thermometers- stick ons are not good for surface basking temps you want surface temps - your dragon needs to be able to get directly under the uvb-- is the uvb inside the tank? If so distance should be 12- 15 inches
These are old pictures I don’t use stick ins anymore I have probes and a thermal heat gun I use to measure temps. And yes the UVB is in the enclosure attached to the lid

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member

View attachment 68675 View attachment 68676 View attachment 68677 View attachment 68678
Maybe it’s just the Dogs. Have you tried just keeping them out of the room totally for a while

Gyrffinthedragon

Original Poster
Maybe it’s just the Dogs. Have you tried just keeping them out of the room totally for a while
I try my best to keep them out of the room. The puppy is just loud and he bothers my other dogs and makes them loud. So even if they are away from him they bother him. I keep him with me in my office. We have a spare bedroom but the puppy’s crate is in that bedroom as my wife uses her office as well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I try my best to keep them out of the room. The puppy is just loud and he bothers my other dogs and makes them loud. So even if they are away from him they bother him. I keep him with me in my office. We have a spare bedroom but the puppy’s crate is in that bedroom as my wife uses her office as well.
I agree they may be stressing him out-

Gyrffinthedragon

Original Poster
I agree they may be stressing him out-
Well I try to keep the door closed and them out of there. Will he eventually get used to them and not be scared? Or should I try to move him to a new room or something. The 120 gal tank I want has only the front being glass so he maybe able to see out less but it’s the barking that I think scares him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well I try to keep the door closed and them out of there. Will he eventually get used to them and not be scared? Or should I try to move him to a new room or something. The 120 gal tank I want has only the front being glass so he maybe able to see out less but it’s the barking that I think scares him
Depends on the dragon but I would say maybe get him moved but it's a shame your gonna haft to isolate him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom