!HELP FOUND BEARDIE UPSIDE DOWN IN CAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since he hasn't improved today and isn't able to move his front legs, he should be taken to a vet to be assessed. He also may have eaten something that is causing havoc with his insides and the concern of the colder temps he was in for so long are even more concerning.

repScott1

Original Poster
i was holding off the vet because im 17 and currently do not have a job. i doubt he would have made any way but ill nvr know

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I know exactly how you feel, I had a beardie pass the end of February after 2 days of showing anything was wrong. He was going to the vet the morning he passed. :( At least you found your beardie and he died in his home rather than out in the cold. If you hadn't found him, you would have always wondered what happened to him. I know that may not help you much right now, but at least he was in his home.

hockeyballz30

Sub-Adult Member
i am sorry for your loss.....a lot of times it is difficult with reptiles because instinctly, they do not show signs of anything wrong until it is too late or they are very sick. In the wild this is a helpful tactic, unfortunately for us, it creates a lot of problems...sorry again

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh geez, I am SO sorry for your loss, that is so sad. I know that you must be very devastated to have lost him after this terrible ordeal. :cry: At least he was with you at home when he passed.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom