!HELP FOUND BEARDIE UPSIDE DOWN IN CAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

repScott1

Original Poster
and hes in a 40 gallon breeder zilla t5 uvb i know i need to get a reptisun 10.0 i use a 100 zoomed basking lamp i use a exoterra probe to measure basking temp. i had i log in there where he could get closer to the light but ima get rid of that and just have on basking spot. and he doesnt look like he lost any weight if anything e gained looks bigger.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So, you see mucous around his mouth. He may very well have an upper respiratory infection. How is his breathing? Is his beard and end of tail still black? That's good that you don't use any heating at night and it isn't needed with your room temps. It would be a good idea to lower his basking spot tomorrow, you don't want him to fall.

That's good that you removed the log, we don't want him to fall & get hurt, he's been through enough. So, the zilla bulb is a strip fluorescent? Yes, you need to get a fluorescent Repti-Sun 10.0. I would drop down from a 100 watt basking bulb to a 75 watt household light bulb and double check the temps. Make sure you wait about 45 min for the temp to stop rising before getting the final temp. I wouldn't go any higher than 90 to 95 right now.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he wide awake or does it look like he is resting? There isn't much more you can do tonight except giving him another soak and/or more oral fluids if he is wide awake & seems uncomfortable.

repScott1

Original Poster
i got him where its dark now hes not wide awake he just opens them a little bit then closes them hopefully he sleeps.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, just letting him rest is the best thing then. Hopefully he'll be doing better tomorrow, poor thing.

It's a good thing you weren't weed whacking the tall grass he was hiding in? The noise of it must have scared him and that's why he was moving around.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, it's a good thing you noticed the grass move when you did. :eek: He must have been SO scared.

sluedu09

Hatchling Member
I was just reading your post and I hope that he comes back good and strong. I would just be sure to get him to a vet asap. Good luck!

repScott1

Original Poster
this morning he still doesnt looks so good. im goign to give him a warm bath. still black. then take a ride to pet shop to see if he know where a herp vet is.

repScott1

Original Poster
he looks kinda fat can that be from impaction. i gave another bath and hes moving left to right like he's try to crap. he cant move his fort legs at all but the rear ones he can move a little

repScott1

Original Poster
ok. i talked to the dude i got him from he said keep him warm once he craps he'll be fine he said the cold messes thier insides up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom