Help! Exposed flesh!

Leahlm248

Hello.
Ok my beady was running around and her shedding skin got caught on a blanket and it ripped the skin off. She now has exposed flesh and the skin that came off looked like it had puss or something on it. She doesn’t seem bothered but im really worried.

Closer image has just happened and other I’ve only noticed so think might have happened before

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 75

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello.
Ok my beady was running around and her shedding skin got caught on a blanket and it ripped the skin off. She now has exposed flesh and the skin that came off looked like it had puss or something on it. She doesn’t seem bothered but im really worried.

Closer image has just happened and other I’ve only noticed so think might have happened before
Please get some raw unpasteurized honey on it - it will stop infection and promote healing- please do not feed any crickets in the tank - any ones not taken out will go straight for the wound-- I would apply it 2 times per day and watch it -- if it starts turning black its infected but the honey should stop that from happening

Leahlm248

Original Poster
I did this and I also bought some tamoden veterinary wound cleaner. It has a kind of scab over it now and she is walking on it fine but I’ll be cleaning and checking everyday. Thanks for helping

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today? The veterinary cleaner, tamoden should be just fine. If needed,
the raw honey is great for help with healing if any infection was to set in. Let us know how her foot
is doing.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom